Director Safety & Risk Management
Wharton-Smith, Inc., a highly regarded General Contractor based in Central Florida, is seeking highly qualified candidates for a Director of Safety & Risk Management position. This position will ensure that Wharton-Smith complies with all safety and riskobligations while analyzing and improving existing programs.
- Partners with executive team to decide business policy on safety programs.
- Develops and implements risk management procedures.
- Implements, updates, documents, and manages safety initiatives.
- Trains, supports, and enforces job site safety requirements.
- Recommends changes in policy and practices to establish and achieve goals and objectives related to risk management and to ensure compliance with federal, state, and regional laws and regulations.
- Ensures reporting to various agencies is completed in an accurate and timely manner.
- Works closely with executive team to support the timely and professional response to emergencies.
- Represents the Safety & Risk Management Department at management team meetings.
- Coaches, supports, trains, and supervises employees in the department to encourage open communication, ongoing collaboration, and the formation of a functional, problem-solving team.
- Conducts periodic safety audits to confirm compliance.
- Manages OSHA citation resolution process.
- Manages workers compensation process, including settlements.
- Reports department milestones, benchmarks, and lessons learned to executive team.
- Location will be 70% office and 30% field.
- Minimum 15years of extensive safety and risk management experience with at least five years of supervisory experience managing a Safety & Risk Management department.
- Bachelor’s degree from a regionally or nationally accredited institution in risk management, industrial safety, public administration, or a related field.
- Certified Safety Professional (CSP) designation from the Board of Certified Safety Professionals.
- Extensive knowledge of OSHA standards.
- Extensive program development skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, group training skills, and a solid grasp of technology used in a corporate work environment.