The Director Funding is responsible for providing the strategic and tactical leadership to the Retail Services team to ensure all mortgage processing activities including the set-up, instructing solicitors, handling mortgage disbursement, and funding activities are provided with the highest quality of service.
The Director is also responsible for promoting a culture that is focused on providing best-in-class customers service , enhancing our leadership depth and diversity, and being organized to serve the Bank’s customers while reducing structural costs and mitigating risk.
- Leadership - Ensure the Funding team is providing high quality and valuable service to clients by:
- Directing operations in a manner consistent with Bank policy, procedures and ensuring security procedures conform to Bank regulations
- Managing irregular or fraudulent activity and liaising with senior management or other business partners, as appropriate
- Managing and monitoring Outsourcer service levels, procedures and trending to ensure high level service is maintained
- Planning, forecasting, coordinating and monitoring staffing levels to business volumes
- Establishing benchmarks for appropriate tracking and trending to monitor accuracy, compliance and efficiency.
- Business Plan Execution – Ensure the achievement of theRetail Service Centre (RSC) Funding Unit’s short and long termbusiness plansby:
- Developing and negotiating annual Budget planning and related variance trending activities
- Managing the expense budget through daily review of reports and activities
- Ensuring effective tracking, trending and analysis is in place to support business requirement requests (e.g. equipment, workload & vacation overrun staffing for peak periods)
- Monitoring and tracking the Unit’s contributions to goal and objective achievements
- Operational Management & Improvement - Contribute to the banks operational efficiencies & operational effectiveness by:
- Ensuring the team’s activities are in adherence to established service level agreements and response times are achieved
- Ensuring senior management, branches and other Bank departments are notified appropriately as processing delays occur
- Ensuring the Business Continuity / Resumption Plan is reliable, current and the operation is physically and logically secured
- Managing relationships with branches, sales and other business partners to deliver a superior customer experience
- Resolving problems/challenges identified in the processing of mortgages or recommending how to provide services differently, making it simpler and more compelling for customers to do business with the Bank and/or encouraging the staff to challenge the status quo and recommend new and better ways to serve our customers
- Developing an ongoing program of relevant service meetings & skill building sessions to strengthen the team in the delivery of service & support solutions
- Leading and Management - Effectively manage and develop Human Resources by:
- Providing balanced candid feedback on a regular basis to direct reports
- Establishing & negotiating clear and measurable performance goals for each of the direct reports
- Conducting regularly scheduled coaching sessions, semiannual and annual performance reviews with the direct reports
- Identifying high potential candidates and ensuring appropriate plans are in place to prepare them for future assignments
- Bachelordegree or MBA with 5 years of relevant experience preferable leading a large business team within the financial industry. In addition,
- Expert knowledge of Retail Lending products, policies and legislative requirements for mortgages (e.g. Land Titles; Discharges: CBA initiatives);
- Thorough knowledge of Bank regulations, policies, and procedures;
- Thorough knowledge of Mortgage industry partners (Land Registry; Municipal Tax Offices; Mortgage Insurers: Title Insurers: CBA; Mortgage Brokers)
- Expert knowledge of Budget, variance and expense control
- Working knowledge of LAN/PC Operations and Applications (including MIMS; ED; TLS; Workflow; MIA; CIS).
Requisition ID: 9876.