Director, RPS Operations Training
As the Director of Retirement Plan Services Operations Training, you will provide leadership and direction to ensure group results for assigned area(s) of responsibility. You will direct the development, implementation and evaluation of assigned complex training plans/programs, curriculum and materials. S/he will also provide subject matter expertise and ongoing monitoring of assigned training programs and curriculum effectiveness and organizational readiness.
- Provides training and development opportunities, including stretch assignments, for team members and gives honest and open feedback to aid in the development of talent
- Directs and evaluates individual/team performance and takes appropriate action to meet and/or exceed performance standards
- Establishes and implements priorities, performance goals and objectives to ensure group results
- Directs and provides leadership to continually improve the capability and results for assigned area(s)
- Ensures that top talent is hired and retained
- Builds organizational capability within assigned area(s) of responsibility
- Serves as a training subject matter expert and partners with management and/or business stakeholders to support successful application of skills learned from training curriculum for on the job effectiveness
- Recommends appropriate training and/or coaching reinforcement support for assigned area(s)
- Directs a group & complex training activities including development, implementation & evaluation of complex training plans/programs to meet departmental training objectives & organizational readiness needs
- Directs and/or develops complex and/or comprehensive training materials, manuals, procedures and/or visual aids which meet the objectives of assigned area(s)s of responsibility.
- Identifies and prioritizes complex/comprehensive training needs and requirements in collaboration with business stakeholders and management
- Directs ongoing assessments of training effectiveness with the key focus on accelerating/enhancing productivity, engagement and quality and recommends complex and/or highly comprehensive training modifications as necessary
- Directs, conducts and/or participates in complex training projects
- Manages and oversees and may develop the budget for area
- Maintains knowledge on current and emerging developments/trends, assesses the impact, and collaborates with management to incorporate new trends and developments in current and future solutions
- Directs and enhances organizational initiatives by positively influencing and supporting change management and/or departmental/enterprise initiatives
- Identifies and directs the implementation of process improvements that significantly reduce workloads or improve quality across the department
- Provides subject matter expertise to team members and internal/external stakeholders on complex assignments/projects
- Remains current in profession and industry trends.
- Makes a positive contribution as demonstrated by: - Making suggestions for improvement - Learning new skills, procedures and processes
- 4 Year/Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience (4 years of experience in lieu of Bachelor's)
- 7+ Years’ experience in training that directly aligns with the specific responsibilities for this position, including 3+ years of managerial, supervisory, and/or demonstrated leadership experience
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret both internal and external documents such as general media/publications, professional journals, technical procedures, governmental regulations, policies, proposals, and standard operating procedures
- Confident, comfortable communicator with strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong presentation skills with demonstrated ability to influence at all levels of management through clear, informed and logical discussions/presentations
- Apply concepts such as probability, statistics, modeling, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical solutions
- Works with mathematical concepts such as averages and/or variances
- Ability to analyze complex information and to evaluate the implications of a course of action or solution.
- Ability to interpret and apply common sense understanding to carry out a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form
- Ability to solve problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists
- Define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions
- Evaluate trends in data or information
- Ability to perform under stress in cases of emergency, critical or hazardous situations.
- Ability to work with others in a team environment
- Demonstrated ability to identify and recommend processes improvements
- Demonstrated ability to successfully hire, retain, develop and coach staff via a culture of real-time performance feedback, with ability to build both technical and leadership skills
- Demonstrated strong relationship management skills with internal clients (e.g. senior management, peers and colleagues); proven ability to develop creative and collaborative approaches
- Demonstrates strong interpersonal skills with a collaborative style
- Demonstrates strong project management leadership skills including, critical ability to coordinate and balance multiple projects in a time-sensitive environment, under pressure, and meeting deadlines
- Finds common ground and can gain collaboration among senior management, colleagues and peers; can influence outcomes without directing or commanding
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).