We've made a lot of progress since opening the doors in 1942, but one thing has never changed - our commitment to serve, heal, lead, educate, and innovate. We believe that every award earned, every record broken and every patient helped is because of the dedicated employees who fill our hallways.
At Ochsner, whether you work with patients every day or support those who do, you are making a difference and that matters. Come make a difference at Ochsner Health System and discover your future today!
This job directs the administration and operations of the research arm of the Department of Nursing to include: stimulating, promoting, and developing the research interests and related productivity of evidenced-based nursing practice and nursing research projects. Works with other professionals to establish research priorities, strategic vision, and long range goals; communicates and interprets organizational and division mission, goals and objectives to all areas of responsibility; collaborates with academic institutions, community agencies, and health care institutions to develop research partnerships; and provides leadership and direction in the planning, implementation, and ongoing improvement of all areas of responsibility.
Required - Research Doctorate in Nursing or related field
Required - 5 years related experience with leadership and management skills. Experience conducting research and in disseminating scholarly works via publications and oral presentations. Experience in research grants and funds.
Required - Current State of Louisiana RN license
Knowledge Skills and Abilities (KSAs)
- Must have computer skills and be proficient with Windows-style applications, various softwares packages specific to the role.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills and the ability to present information clearly and professionally.
- Strong problem solving skills.
- Strong research and statistical analysis skills
- Strong organizational and time management skills with attention to detail.
- Positive interpersonal skills; ability to effectively and professionally work with people from all background.
- Decision-making and delegation skills.
- Facilitates Quality & Superior Services.
- Promotes Staff Development & an Effective Workforce.
- Promotes & Facilitates Nursing Research.
- Ensures Financial Stability.
- Maintains Academic Excellence.
- Other related duties as required.