What will I be doing?
Do you love driving performance, developing relationships and leading a team? You will supervise a team of Assistant Directors in their work group and direct additional projects that support the RMCC-Americas objectives. This will be accomplished by leading the development of the Assistant Directors and Revenue Managers, providing feedback and corrective action on hotel performance, communicating RMCC information to the workgroup, and directing additional RMCC projects. This position will report directly to the Senior Director, RMCC Americas.
You will work with Assistant Directors, Revenue Managers, Revenue Analysts, Senior Directors, and corporate support staff, as well as handle the placement of new hotels inside of the defined group. You will then direct the assignment of project tasks, ensuring optimal allocation of resources. You will actively assess actual hotel performance for hotels and serve as the Regional Directors of Revenue Management (RDRM) for franchised hotels, and represent the RMCC's strategic direction to partners.
More specifically, you will:
- Influence the workgroup to accomplish the organization's mission, goals, and objectives through motivation, communication, group dynamics, and leadership.
- Help to evolve the business, by developing short and long term goals for the Director work group, supporting the Center's operational plan, as well as ensure appropriate talent is identified and developed to achieve strategic goals and performance.
- Ensure communication from the RMCC Senior Director is properly executed.
- Participate in Corporate Revenue Management team meetings, conference calls, and initiatives.
- Supply critical analysis on company-wide decisions affecting pricing, occupancy, revenue goals, and product line sales strategies.
What are we looking for?
The success in this role will demonstrate itself through the following attributes and skills:
- Consistent record of driving performance
- Ability to strategically handle change, resolve conflicts, and ensure teamwork
- Effective written, verbal communication, and interpersonal and presentation skills, that build trust and instill confidence in order to motivate and influence others
- Taking initiative to identify, prioritize and implement all elements required for the team to fulfill responsibilities
- Directing collaborative efforts of direct reports and acting in an objective manner to solve problems
- Developing and training indirect reports and other team members
- Handling and leading team members in detailed processes and tasks to ensure project deadlines are met
- Experience successfully analyzing, interpreting and explaining statistical data, to develop strategies and generate a course of action
- Strong time management familiarity, as well as organizational skills
To fulfill this role successfully, you must possess the following minimum qualifications and experience:
- BA/BS Bachelor's Degree in Hospitality, Business Administration, Finance, or Economics OR seven (7) years of Analytical experience within the Revenue Management, Data Management, Reservations, or Front Office Operations field
- Three (3) years working in Revenue Management and in a supervisory role
- In-depth knowledge of industry analytical reports such as STAR reports, Hotelligence reports, and competitive shop reports
- Experience handling hotel rates and inventory
- Experience forecasting hotel room revenue weekly and monthly
- Strong project management familiarity
- Proficient in Revenue Management systems, hotel property management systems, and industry related reports
It would be advantageous in this position for you to demonstrate the following capabilities and distinctions:
- MA/MS/MBA Master's Degree in Finance, Business Administration, or Economics OR four (4) years of Hotel experience at a Manager and/or Director level with budget control experience
- Knowledge of our company's revenue systems
- Cross-functional experience in hotel and regional Revenue Management oversight
- Multiple brand and hotel experience