This role is the primary coordinator of the company’s risk management function whose responsibilities include managing an overall risk governance structure, developing a centralized oversight framework, implementing a strategic risk monitoring and reporting program, and overseeing an emerging risk program. A core measure of success for the role will be to synthesize the risk oversight activities occurring within the operational functions and business practices, including at the division level and internationally. The role requires a high level of initiative, accountability, ability to listen and collaboration. This role at various times will support functional and business unit leaders related to risk governance. The role will manage a comprehensive insurance program. The position is under the general supervision of the Senior Vice President, Chief Legal Officer.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Administer a governance structure that oversees the risk framework centrally, which is managed within various leadership teams. The scope includes developing a framework to manage risk information, including identifying and cataloguing the control documentation of business units, finance, information security, privacy, risk assessments, business continuity planning, loss control, client risks, fraud, data loss prevention, privacy, third-party assessments, regulatory, compliance, and insurance.
- Partner with business practices, divisions, and company functions in their risk management processes for each of the lifecycle stages, namely Risk Identification, Risk Assessment, Risk Reporting and Risk Monitoring. This will require experience with project management.
- Assist in ensuring the business practices, divisions, and company functions develop their Risk and Control environment in line with their business model and strategy, regulatory requirements, executive leadership risk culture, and industry best practices.
- Identify the methods used in measuring operational risk including assisting management by describing criteria for Enterprise Risk Management (ERM) key risk indicators (KRI) selection and best practices in monitoring and reporting operational risk.
- Design and prepare materials for meetings, reporting, and presentations in collaboration with business leaders. Executive reporting will be clear, concise and focused on materiality based upon calibrating for a risk methodology that is culturally appropriate.
- Facilitate the development, implementation, and maintenance of the policies, standards, guidelines, and procedures to support a risk management framework.
- Manage the insurance coverage portfolio, including renewal cycle for all lines of coverage working with broker, scope of coverage, tendering of approved claims, and reporting. Secure appropriate coverage, endorsements and riders to cover the business operations. Ensure new entities, properties, automobiles and employees are added to coverage on a timely basis. Manage deductible tracking and claims meetings, working with adjuster to adhere to policy reporting requirements, and expense reimbursement matters, and maximize coverage. Manage Certificate of Insurance needs both inbound and outbound for client-facing needs.
- Identify and recommend risk-based content for contract provision enhancements for procurement and service delivery contracts.
- Implement a reporting methodology levering technology for concise risk reporting, adopt risk dashboards and use metrics for predictive analysis. This will require working with data analytics and information technology resources to develop an automated and easy to use solution, or include implementing a 3rd party GRC applications/software.
- Adopt a records management protocol for the risk function’s records, and assist with the company-wide records management program.
- Assist, as requested, with investigating client service issues and researching regulatory changes, and other risk identification and mitigation projects.
- Perform special projects and additional duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field, from an accredited college or university or experience equivalency.
- 10-15 years of related experience, including insurance coverage management.
- Broad-based knowledge of risk management and internal control concepts associated with professional services industry practices.
- Must have prior experience in developing a centralized, coordinated function
- Must have experience that establishes expertise in analytical and problem solving skills.
- Requires demonstrated work experience in the preparation of written reports, database reporting, spreadsheet creation and analysis, and concise presentation skills.
To be considered, one must possess:
- Strong understanding of Risk including detailed understanding of Operational Risk, Financial Risk and Compliance Risk, and how these impact business performance.
- Works under minimal supervision, uses sound judgment and discretion in performing work duties to meet multiple priorities and project deadlines, and works cooperatively with others.
- High-energy and desire to work in a results-oriented, rapid growth environment. Must leverage an “in control” framework of continually seeking insights, seek involvement, seek solutions, and follow-through. Must exhibit accountability as a personal commitment to focus on what he/she can control, creating ownership for his/her outcomes.
- Must be able to build trusting relationships throughout the firm and interact with all levels of management.
- Strong listening skills, adaptable to corporate culture, openness to considering other opinions.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have intermediate skills in Microsoft® Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, Access, Outlook, and Internet navigation and research.
Certificates and Licenses:
Membership in risk-related organizations, or special certifications are preferred.
This job will not currently be accountable to manage employees, but should have the capability and interest with the maturity of the function due to company growth.
- Standard indoor working environment.
- Occasional long periods of sitting while working at computer.
- Must be able to lift, carry, push, or pull up to 30 lbs.
- Position requires regular interaction with employees at all levels of the Firm, along with interfacing with external vendors and clients when necessary.
- Independent travel requirement: less than 15%.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disability