This position will be accountable for identification, measurement and monitoring of the financialrisks of the company. This person will play a key role in quantifying our risk appetite and limits for capital markets risks and thus in shaping how risk is viewed and defined for senior management. This role is part of a dynamic team overseeing the company’s capital markets risks (market, credit and liquidity) and could potentially get involved with other enterprise risks (e.g. operational, actuarial).
- Providing independent oversight of market risks, liquidity risks and credit risks on a total company basis;
- Leading in the creation of a broad, deep, and aggressive agenda of risk initiatives which, taken together, represent the organization’s program of continuous improvement in all that we do;
- Strategic initiatives and projects related to risk appetite and risk limits development;
- Setting limits for internal risk tolerances and risk limits within the Risk Appetite Framework.
- Measuring, monitoring and reporting market risk, liquidity risk positions, & P&L limits.
- Design, develop and test valuation/financial models related to risk appetite, risk limits and other projects
- Developing and implementing appropriate market risk and liquidity risk measurement methodologies to ensure the organization operates within its risk appetite and investment strategy.
- Develop and implement methodologies to evaluate total company counterparty credit risk
- Coordination of stress tests across all key risks.
- Drafting of risk management policies and standards relating to market risk, liquidity risk and credit risk.
- Ensures the organization's financialrisk management policies, limits, and strategies are in compliance with applicable regulations, rating agency standards, and strategic imperatives of the organization;
- Acting as a transformational leader in applying best practices to current processes.
- Risk committee: assist with the committee meeting / agenda (e.g. regular riskreports, special topics, document and reportrisk policy exceptions);
- Assists with ORSA implementation;
- Provide the support for rating agency surveys and other requests.
- 8years of progressive experience in an investment management, market risk management, or treasury role.
- Required: Bachelor’s degree in actuarial science, economics, finance or mathematics;
- Preferred: Masters in Financial Mathematics, Financial Engineering or equivalent;
- Relevant (optional) credentials to this position: CFA, CAIA, PRM, FRM, ASA/FSA
- Experience with modeling of Market Risk (eg VaR or EaR), Credit Risk (PFE Modeling) and Liquidity Risk (eg LCR, Liquidity metrics)
- Knowledge of following software packages: MS Excel (advance level required), VBA, Matlab, Numerix, Bloomberg
- An in-depth knowledge of capital markets, including swaps, equity options, liquidity and credit risk measurement
- A broad understanding of trends in the financial industry, insurance and regulatory environment.
- Demonstrated ability of influencing the actions of others within and outside of his/her areas of responsibility.
- Strong negotiation, presentation and facilitation skills.
- An ability to confidently and competently act as a change agent.