Creating the future of finance is a task too big, too important to tackle alone. We bring people together – together to tackle the industry’s biggest challenges. While we are best known for the Zelle Network®, Early Warning does so much more to keep the financial system moving – easy, fast, safe. Our analysis helps teenagers get their first account. Our solutions protect billions of mobile app logins. Our data helps financial institutions fight fraud. While Early Warning is at the center of the financial system, our people are the heart of our company. We take pride in creating amazing – amazing experiences that help people live their best financial lives.
The Director, Risk Management is responsible for the development, implementation and coordination of a centralized first-line of defense (LOD1) risk and internal control program for Early Warning’s Payments and Risk Products business lines. This newly consolidated role is designed to ensure risk programs and controls are implemented consistently and operating effectively across these business lines as it relates to all risk types including strategic, operational, compliance and financial. The role will be required to align with the company’s Enterprise Risk Management leadership around the structure of the 3LOD (three lines of defense) Program to ensure the consistency in the implementation and operationalization across the enterprise.
- Build and manage the business line’s centralized LOD1 function, including strategic vision and implementation plans, acting as business-line liaison to Enterprise Risk Management, Operational Risk Management, and Compliance in support of the company’s 3LOD program.
- Work with Compliance and other Risk functions to understand and monitor applicable regulations and requirements, assess business impact and drive appropriate projects and processes to address needed changes.
- Partner with Enterprise Risk Management in the execution of Risk and Control Self Assessments.
- Partner with Business Continuity Management on business’ participation in BC/DR tests, and own and maintain required process and technical recovery plans.
- Oversee and monitor the business-lines’ third-party relationships, including both performance and risk management.
- Assist the business-line in the design and build of process maps in alignment with Early Warning’s Process Classification Framework. Own and maintain business-lines’ process inventory and internal control environment inventory. Design, maintain, and report metrics (KPIs and KRIs) demonstrating control effectiveness.
- Identify and self-report issues through the ERM Self-Identified Issue Process; individually and together with other LOD1 business-line members
- Ensure risk remediation plans exist and are sufficient; track remediation plans to completion and ensure remediation is on-time and sustainable; ensure action plans and remediation of issues by risk owners.
- Support business-line Risk Acceptance Forms (RAF) process, when applicable.
- Drive periodic executive level reporting regarding business risk management activities, working closely with business-line leadership Develop, in alignment with ERM’s frameworks, a 1st LOD risk management governance process across the business lines to support decision making and escalation regarding risks that may be not be consistent with the business’ risk tolerance
- Deliver education and awareness of risk ownership essentials.
- Continually monitor and update assessments of the control environment, keeping abreast of significant control issues, trends and developments. Perform internal control effectiveness test plans and procedures.
- Lead a team of risk professionals.
- Support the company’s commitment to risk management and protecting the integrity and confidentiality of systems and data.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Finance, Accounting or other related field of specialty.
- Demonstrated successful experience in the financial services industry or experience within a three-lines of defense program.
- Demonstrated success leading risk functions in a 3LOD environment.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a complex, highly regulated environment.
- Excellent problem solver with effective change management skills
- Working knowledge of regulatory requirements specific to the business-lines.
- Excellent communication, organization and interpersonal skills, with demonstrated ability to collaborate and build trust in business partners.
- Effective influence management skills.
- Background and drug screen.
For CDO focus area:
- Knowledge and experience with model risk management and first line support for Chief Data Office.
- Demonstrated success developing and implementing effective risk solutions for data management.
The above job description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and standards of the position. Incumbents will follow instructions and perform other related duties as assigned by their supervisor.
- Experience interacting with executive management.
- Demonstrated experience working in multiple risk disciplines including but not limited to product, regulatory and compliance, third party, reputation, competitive, etc.
- Knowledge of COSO’s Internal Control – Integrated Framework, or similar.
- Risk management, internal control, or internal audit certification(s)
- First line of defense risk management experience in a regulated financial institution.
- Proficient in writing policies and procedures.
- In depth knowledge and understanding of regulatory environment and its applicability to financial services and risk.
Working conditions consist of a normal office environment. Work is primarily sedentary and requires extensive use of a computer and involves sitting for periods of approximately four hours. Work may require occasional standing, walking, kneeling and reaching. Must be able to lift 10 pounds occasionally and/or negligible amount of force frequently. Requires visual acuity and dexterity to view, prepare, and manipulate documents and office equipment including personal computers. Requires the ability to communicate with internal and/or external customers.
Employee must be able to perform essential functions and physical requirements of position with or without reasonable accommodation.