We are looking for a Director, Risk Management who shares our vision of building sophisticated credit risk strategies to advance financial inclusion and access to responsible credit. In this role you will be part of a team developing credit and pricing strategies through sophisticated analytical methods for consumer and commercial lending portfolios. This role will manage end-to-end engagements from conception to analytics and subsequent rollout. This person will be responsible for supporting business verticals in optimizing approval rates, take rates, and yield performance, through development and implementation of innovative credit and pricing strategies.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Lead key acquisition channels from risk perspective and conduct sophisticated analytics to build best-in-class credit and pricing strategies. These strategies will enable real-time lending decisions for hundreds of thousands of borrowers every month.
- Strong background in leveraging multiple complex data sources such as credit bureau information, customer supplied information, and alternative data sources at large scale to build sophisticated credit and pricing strategies.
- Provide insights from the tracking dashboards on credit performance, price elasticity and yield impact, enabling swift business decisions.
- Diagnose credit performance trends, identify underperforming segments, and conduct root cause analysis to recommend risk mitigation strategies.
- Develop sophisticated dashboard to analyze price elasticity, volume, and risk-adjusted yield impact.
- Collaborate with internal engineering and product teams to implement analytical solutions into production.
- Bachelor’s in a quantitative field (e.g., Mathematics, Data Science, Statistics, Economics, Finance, etc.). Master’s degree preferred.
- 6+ years of credit risk management experience preferred in a Bank or FinTech.
- Deep knowledge of consumer credit risk trends and credit risk and/or pricing analytics.
- Strong statistical and analytical skills and prior experience leveraging large and complex datasets for driving business decisions.
- Demonstrated skill and experience with SQL, Python / R, Tableau, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills. Ability to collaborate with cross-functional teams and build strong relationships.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.