The Director - Risk Management will act as the principal point of contact for operational risk management and will protect the company's property, assets, and employees by mitigating potential risks of loss, damage, and injury. The Director - Risk Management is responsible for the company's property and casualty insurance program, insurance claims management, and subcontractor default program management. Qualified candidates will assist the Chief Financial Officer with oversight of the company's surety program, relationship with insurance carriers and brokers, and oversight of legal proceedings.
- Develops and oversees a risk management system to ensure effective oversight of company risks
- Reviews and evaluates the adequacy of company policies and procedures related to risk and regulatory compliance
- Oversees the preparation of a risk assessment and inventory of risks for all facilities and services. Establishes priorities based on the evaluation of risks.
- Review selected contracts or proposals for possible risk exposure to the company
- Prepares quarterly Risk Management reports
- Fosters awareness within the company regarding policies, procedures, and best practices for risk management
- Develops and implements ongoing risk management education and training programs
- Oversees, develops, maintains, and updates a risk auditing program to ensure continuing compliance with company policies, procedures, and guidelines
- Consults regularly with Legal Counsel to establish legal opinions on risk activities at the company
- Manages, reviews and evaluates the company's insurance program to ensure effective insurance coverage for various risks facing the company
- Plans and negotiates insurance contracts based on the risks ensuring the most favorable and cost-effective coverage
- Oversees claims management and administration
- Oversees the company's Subguard insurance program
- Bachelor's degree required
- Minimum of five years of progressive experience in managing risk management functions
- Experience working in the construction industry
- Experience with captive insurance companies is a plus
Specific Knowledge, Skills, License, Certifications, Etc.:
- Comprehensive knowledge of property and casualty insurance coverages
- Comprehensive knowledge of insurance claims management
- Spanish fluency is a plus
Haskell is an Equal Opportunity Employer (Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities). All persons shall have the opportunity to be considered for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, ancestry, alienage or citizenship status, age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran's status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
Haskell is a drug-free workplace, all applicants who receive conditional offers of employment will be subjected to pre-employment drug testing.