Job Description & Requirements
Reporting to the VP, Audit & Risk Management, the Director of Risk Management plays a strong role in developing and executing key objectives and strategies to identify, measure and manage insurable risks. Responsibilities include directing the purchase of insurance programs and management of claim processes; negotiating contracts and overseeing the performance of a diverse network of vendors; developing analyses, reports, cost allocation and plans; assessing, analyzing and addressing insurable risk issues; leadership of the business continuity program steering committee; identifying, developing and/or implementing risk management solutions and leading department analytics program. Role requires ability to provide thought leadership with strong, cross-functional collaboration to drive an improving risk profile and cost of risk.
Risk Management Leadership
- Execute processes to identify hazard and operational risks in order to assess, analyze, prioritize and recommend appropriate risk management strategies to management.
- Establish and strengthen relationships cross functionally and within the business to gain an increasing knowledge of the business to identify and provide risk improvement strategies.
- Lead and direct vendor management processes to ensure that vendors deliver the requisite skills and services required for the company to meet its objectives.
- Demonstrate a continuous improvement mindset, collaborating cross functionally through the creation of improving tools, resources, capabilities and/or processes to improve outcomes.
- Lead the delivery of education, training and organizational support for process or execution of risk management and claim best practices to improve outcomes.
- Provide strong leadership and vision, set direction and agenda, and execute performance management processes for the Risk Management team to achieve its goals and objectives.
- Foster a culture of customer service and change management expertise to ensure organizational alignment, buy in and execution required to achieve.
- Participate, support and/or lead due diligence and integration activities, contract review, risk control programs and risk management information system activities.
- Responsible for compliance with SOX control processes governing department activities.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Lead the development and execution of the insurance program as a risk financing solution to identified insurable risks in line with the company’s risk profile and risk tolerance.
- Ensure directly or through others insurance management processes include compliance with regulatory requirements and required claim reporting and settlement policy terms.
- Ensure directly or through others that insurance cost allocation, reserve accrual and actuarial processes are completed and result in adequate corporate cost and reserves.
- Ensure directly or through others management of collateral needs to ensure timely collateral adjustments are made and supported.
- Lead analytics team that serves as a central resource for the data management and analytic needs of the internal audit and risk management department
- Lead and leverage risk analyses, performance metric processes across the organization to analyze risk and to identify organizational improvement opportunities.
Business Continuity Program
- Plan, design and lead business continuity program efforts to ensure business resiliency for unexpected events or interruptions to operations.
- Lead cross functional teams as necessary to develop loss mitigation practices across a range of business risks.
- Provide business continuity thought leadership and chair the business continuity steering committee.
- Lead the development and execution of claim processes through established standards and best practices, including oversight of the Texas non-subscriber program.
- Lead the claim management program including vendor selection, oversight and monitoring processes with agreed service standards and key performance metrics to drive improved outcomes.
- Ensure directly or through others that claim reserves are adequately and timely established for financialreporting purposes.
- Lead and/or support department members with management and negotiation related to complex claims.
- Bachelor’s degree with 10+ years of experience in Risk and Insurance field.
- Professional certification required (i.e. CPCU, ARM, CRM)
- Strong knowledge of risk management practices and design of risk financing programs.
- Solid financial and analytical skills.
- Knowledge of legal principles pertaining to liability, negligence, contracts and insurance policies.
- Demonstrated ability to document, analyze and make recommendations for risk or process improvements providing a clear point of view on business risks and needs.
- 7+ years of proven experience in managing teams including providing direction, understanding resource capability and successfully driving results through direct reports and a diverse network of vendors.
- Highly developed communication, collaboration, decision-making, change management and organization skills to drive business performance and to foster a culture of continuous improvement.
- Results-focused, action-oriented attitude demonstrating sound judgment and integrity beyond reproach.
- Must embrace the continuous improvement mindset, seeking out new ways to do things to generate efficiencies or improve business performance.
- Knowledge of risk management information system applications.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite.
- Flexibility to travel (25% of time) to execute position responsibilities.
Requisition ID 2018-6415