What you will do: Help us improve – in this position, you will lead a team of actuaries and analysts responsible for model governance in our Actuarial Integrity team. Set the strategic direction for our controls and processes in model governance. You will be the key point of contact for leadership, delivering presentations and interacting with stakeholders.
What you will learn: Understand our model governance and controls environment, and help us discover the best practices for improvement in Actuarial Integrity.
What Success Looks Like:
- Recommend strategies designed to improve the Model Governance Framework
- Develop and lead process management & control functions
- Manage the research, design, building and testing of new risk analytics tools.
- Perform testing and walkthroughs of controls across Transamerica’s actuarial control framework
- Lead the update or development of actuarial model control processes
- Create and deliver presentations to senior management.
- Participate in negotiation with various parties in determining the extent of control coverage
- Potential to periodically work with external vendors to supplement ongoing controls testing activities
- Manage a staff of risk analysts and/or actuaries.
What You Need:
- Graduate degree in mathematics, actuarial science, finance or related field, plus eight years of relevant experience (or) Bachelor’s degree in a related field and FSA, CFA or other designation, plus eight years of experience (or) Bachelor’s degree in a related field, plus 11 years of relevant experience.
- In-depth understanding of investment and finance concepts to solve complex analytical problems.
- Advanced communication and presentation skills.