The Director is responsible for analyzing a wide range of data and information such as pricing mortgage insurance, competitive environment, financial, and portfolio analysis. The position will use the analysis to provide insight into industry and lender trends, loss trends, and lender behavior.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Analyze portfolio and lender-level risk trends and recommend guideline or pricing changes as a result of findings.
- Evaluate rate quote, application, and NIW data to discern lender-level trends and sales force effectiveness.
- Evaluate effectiveness of company’s risk sharing programs and make recommendations for future program design.
- Participate in industry analytical collaboration efforts.
- Provide regular analysis, review and recommendations based upon the competitive environment.
- Analyze lender-level detail, risk and volume trends, claim and delinquency trends, and the effectiveness of our riskshare structures, as well as review root causes for our volume.
- Collaborate with finance department to translate company’s loss and prepayment forecasts into financial forecast model.
- Evaluate third party data sets to benchmark company performance.
- Perform ad hoc responsibilities, as needed.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a quantitative discipline such as Statistics, Actuarial Sciences, Mathematics, Quantitative Finance, Economics, a related field, or the equivalent work experience. Master’s degree is a plus, but not required.
- Ten or more years of relevant work experience in mortgage industry or financial services, including a minimum of five years working with large, complex data sets including cross-sectional and time-series data.
- Minimum of 5 years prior management experience.
- Prior experience with an analytical, data-based approach to exploration, modeling of data, and testing of hypothesis.
- Prior experience with analyzing large volumes of data, drawing conclusions, and presenting findings.
- Strong abilities in data manipulation and trend analysis.
- Strong analytical background, along with the ability and willingness to effectively make recommendations.
- Understanding of mortgage delinquency, default, and prepayment modeling.
- Proficiency with MS Office tools including Word and PowerPoint.
- Proficiency using statistical software such as SAS or R, as well as SQL, Excel, and Access.
- Able to work in a team environment.
- Able to effectively summarize and communicate relevant findings and other information.
- Interest in learning and keeping up with the business details of mortgage insurance, various aspects of mortgages and housing industry.
- Must be detail and results-oriented.