Amkor Technology in San Jose, CA is seeking a full-time Technical Application Engineering Director for RF-SiP products with a strong technical background and experience in 3G/4G/5G, wireless LAN, wireless PAN, and LPWAN standards. Ideal candidate will have antenna/array and EM simulation, signal and power integrity experience related to IC package design. This position also requires excellent project management skills. The opportunity involves working directly with Amkor customers, RF design engineers, simulation engineers, business units, R&D and assembly teams.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Responsible for introducing Amkor's RF-SiP platforms and solutions including design and development capabilities to customers.
• Reviewing customers' RF-SiP requests and provide an optimum SiP solution to meet all customers' specifications for size reduction, cost reductions and performance enhancements.
• Perform hands-on EM, linear and non-linear circuit and system simulation skills with ADS/Momemtum/HFSS for substrate design optimization and statistical/yield analysis.
• Act as a subject matter expert for senior management for wireless standards (4G and 5G), RF/Microwave/mmWave system, antenna array, electromagnetic package shielding, IoT and LP WAN standards such as SiP module for LTe-M, NT-IoT, LoRa WAN.
• Demonstrate good knowledge of RF system level bench test and production test.
• Manage and coordinate all the technical aspects of the RF-SiP projects with SiP design and development engineers from the initial concept to production stage.
• Lead RF SiP projects with teams across various business units, design center, R&D, factory and sales.
• Display excellent communication skills and the ability work with customers, senior management, design engineers, simulation engineers, test engineers, factory, sales and purchasing.
• Master's Degree or PhD in Electrical Engineering is required.
• 10+ years' experience with cellphone front-end and connectivity design experience in SiP or at PCB level.
• Demonstrated experience leading design and simulation engineers to provide solutions for PA, RF front-end, Antenna Array, and other RF SiP products.
• Thorough understanding of cellular wireless standards, wireless LAN standards and LPWAN standards, and their evolutions.
• Demonstrated knowledge of RF test, DC supply test and system level test.