Job Description :
Director, RF and Antenna Manufacturing Center, Space Systems Company (SSC).
Directs, coordinates, and exercises functional authority for strategic planning, organizing, integration and completion of Production Operations projects within Space Systems Company RF and Antenna Manufacturing Center (RMC).
Assigns personnel to specific phases or aspects of projects. Coordinates activities for business area wide application. Over sees production objectives and facilitates the sharing of Production Operations best practices.
Collects and analyzes Production Operations functional performance and measurement metrics and makes recommendations for Production Operations Capability/Capacity optimization.
The RF and Antenna Manufacturing Center Director may have corporate interface responsibility as well as representation of Lockheed Martin at various Industry forums and the Corporation’s Production Council.
Ensure active collaboration between the Major Functional Organizations (MFO) and Lines of Business (LOB) on critical needs, concerns and risks throughout the program/product lifecycle.
Responsible for the leadership and functional management of SSC Production Operations in support of Commercial, Civil and U.S. Government Satellite and Missile Defense Programs.
Leads producibility and process control engineering, production/material control, assembly and test activities in support of RF microwave and Antenna hardware manufacturing.
The multi-functional Production Operations leadership responsibilities include two electronics Production Operations areas: RF Antenna, Power & Electronics.
Proactively focus on Talent Development in the RF and Antenna Manufacturing Center, to include facilitation of knowledge sharing, enhancement of skills and facilitate career advancement opportunities for the Manufacturing employees.
Identify knowledge areas, critical talent segments and collaborate in ongoing activities to support Knowledge Transfer/ Knowledge Sharing.
- Production Experience.
- Experience with large-scale change management.
- Experience leading other leaders in the direct delivery of products to the customer and be solution oriented.
- Must have proven Full Spectrum Leadership skills with the ability to motivate employees to perform productively in a team environment spanning across geographically disparate locations.
- Excellent communications skills both verbal and written with the proven ability to communicate in a manner that clarifies issues, promotes closure, and delivers information in a clear and concise manner and facilitates decision making to all levels within the organization.
- Must possess demonstrated past experience in developing Enduring Relationships and maintaining effective relationships across the enterprise, suppliers and/or customers.
- Demonstrate a consistent record of high performance as a senior leader, with the ability to accept responsibility, exercise authority and be held accountable for assigned tasks.
- Must have the ability to obtain Top Secret clearance.
- Bachelors degree or equivalent.
- Travel required
- Demonstrated experience in RF manufacturing and the implementation of new equipment and processes.
- Demonstrated experience in leading continuous improvement initiatives driving lower costs and shorter span times.
- Experience in collaborating across organization boundaries, such as Enterprise Operations, Business Areas, other industries, etc.