Imagine new horizons….This directorship is a top leadership position of the Revenue Recognition Team in Americas which includes deal support and review as well as enforcing company policy for consistent and accurate application of software revenue recognition. Key active member in the implementation of thenew revenue standard IFRS 15 (ASC 606) the successful candidate will ensure accurate revenue recognition treatment for sales transactions in accordance with IFRS (ASC 606). What Will Your Role Be?
- Ensure revenue recognition accounting is compliant and in accordance with all group policies.
- Technical advisory of customer contracts for appropriate accounting treatment for revenue recognition.
- Business partner with commercial teams to advise on complex revenue recognition topics for specific deals under negotiation and build a bridge between the understanding of deals, theoretical accounting treatments vs managing expectations.
- Manage a team of up to 10 people (recruiting, objective setting, performance reviews, workload allocation, training, etc.).
- Accompany the transformation of the worldwide revenue recognition team organisation.
- Drive the implementation and measurement of the new revenue recognition accountingstandard (IFRS 15/ASC 606) in an environment where workloads are increasing due to rapid growth.
- Deliver best-in-class support to internal stakeholders through implementation of processes, tools and best practices
- Ensure the smooth integration of newly acquired entities and their transition to the Group’s revenue recognition principles. Sign-off on revenue recognition treatment for significant salestransactions and bring added value to process improvements to all transactional accounting and compliance items across the regions.
- The AMERICAS leader will report directly to the Worldwide leader of revenue recognition – based in France.
- To ensure close relationship with local operations and challenges and local supervision ofrevenue recognition activities, there will be dotted reporting line to the CFO, AMERICAS.
Your Key Success Factors
- Bachelor of Science in Accounting, Finance or similar business-related subject
- CPA qualification strongly preferred but not required
- Minimum of 10 year’s experience in a commercial revenue recognition advisory environment. Strong experience applying accounting principles.
- Possess good hands-on technical proficiency in IFRS and awareness of new technical rules and changes
- Deadline orientated, able to execute to strict deadlines and timelines
- Possess excellent communication and leadership skills
- Possess good relationship building skills across multiple levels, cross functional teams, and geographical regions
- Ability to communicate at all levels of management
- Clearly communicate complex technical accounting information in an easy to understand manner – verbally and in writing
- Experience leading projects and assisting in deal related matters
- People management experience is required to be able lead this rapidly growing team
- Be adaptable and flexible in our fast-paced environment with multiple priorities and be open to change in response to new information, difficult or unexpected circumstances
- Effectively execution and Deliver in our high-performance culture and be motivated bychallenges and taking responsibility
- Experience working in technical accounting business environment with sound understanding ofbusiness processes, internal control flows and transactional details