The Director oversees IT departmental operations, ensuring that teams are working effectively to contribute to the organization’s strategic goals. The Director oversees the management of the operational and fiscal activities of his/her department and establishes policies, standards, and practices as needed. The Director oversees and provides guidance for his/her direct reports ensuring their direction and goals are in concert with the mutual goals and objectives across the organization. In addition, the Director establishes and communicates the short and long-term objectives of the department to the executive team, peers, and team members. The Director ensures the delivery of outstanding client service and contributes to the organization’s mission of utilizing information technology to improve patient care.
The Director works closely with the health system revenue cycle operations for hospital and professional billing. The Director work with operations in supporting and managing the daily day to day needs and changing. The Director will meet with the senior leadership of the various revenue cycle departments.
Interested candidates must live within commuting distance of Yonkers, NY, as you may be on site several days a week post-pandemic. We do not pay for relocation or travel expenses.
- Establishing operational strategies.
- Establish high-level objectives for the department and oversee the cascading of those objectives to managers and their reports. Balance the short-term operational needs with long-term strategic goals. Ensure operational strategies are in line with the organization’s goals including service quality initiatives.
- Review and approve policies and procedures for the department.
- Provide guidance to team by communicating vision, strategies, and objectives to line management.
- Monitor mission critical issues.
- Directing resource operations.
- Oversee activities of Assistant Director(s) and other direct reports.
- Ensure that the resource management function is achieving its goal to balance client project needs and the development needs of employees.
- Establish performance management and professional development as a priority and ensure that managers and staff are working together on development goals.
- Oversee the direction of cross-functional teams assigned to projects and services.
- Responsible for hiring and staffing decisions of direct reports and key positions within the department. Oversee and approve hiring and staffing decisions for the department.
- Preparing and managing department budgets.
- Managing to defined business practices, processes, and procedures.
- Business development and client management.
- Senior level interface between clients and Montefiore IT. Ensure the highest level of customer service and maintain an open line of communication.
- Collaborate with Client Executives in the management of customer relations.
- Identify future business opportunities.
- Supply oversight and accountability on product and service delivery to the client.
- Plan for future growth and capabilities to ensure the ability to effectively manage potential client business.
- Collaborating with other department directors, company executives, and key stakeholders, for the coordination and alignment of objectives and functions across multiple functional areas and on corporate-wide workflow and process improvement.
- Performing other related duties as required.
- In-depth knowledge of hospital and professional billing processes and workflows in an enterprise health care environment
- Comprehensive knowledge of NY State and federal billing regulations
- Experience working with Epic Resolute Billing
- Experience with other revenue cycle solutions available that can enhance Patient Financial Services processes.
- Skilled in understanding stakeholders’ priorities and translating those to actionable tasks for IT teams
- Experience estimating work effort related to requests
- Experience communicating with senior/executive leadership
- Experience managing managers
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a fast-paced enterprise environment with multiple competing/rapidly changing priorities
- Familiarity with claims submission requirements
- Familiarity with X.12 ansi code related to industry HIPAA requirements
- Familiarity with the Cerner Eagle billing system