We are looking for an experienced Director to run our "to be enhanced and new build" of a best in class Customer Billing and Billing Support team at 8x8. This role is newly created, and the person will be responsible for not only managing the existing day-to-day customer billing and billing support operations and will also act as the subject matter expert on all best in class billing and billing support processes. As scaling and automation are a large focus of transformation for 2019, one of the main responsibilities of this role is to help drive the implementation of a new system, process and technology change with Billing and Support focus in the 8x8's Billing Ecosystem new design and transformation project, which is led by the VP of Revenue Operations. This Director will report to the VP of Revenue Operations and be partnering heavily with the Business Application Finance System teams in the Ecosystem endeavor. The main strategic goal of this function is to build a best practice on good process and system on Customer Billing and Support flow from Quote To Cash overall business cycles. The day to day tactical responsibilities of this role include continuous process enhancements as well as providing the appropriate training and development to build a strong and resourceful Customer Billing and Support team handling multipayment streams of 8x8's customer orders and flows. This highly visible role works closely with Deal Desks, Order Management, Collections, Cancellation and Renewal Sales, Professional Services, Sales Operations and alike, to ensure we have a seamless and efficient Customer Billing and Support process within the quote-to-cash cycle. This is a multi-functional role which requires proficiency in leadership, customer billing and support, and ERP systems in a cloud base business environment. This individual will work to develop long-term strategies aimed to propagate a vision of growth and sustainability of current and future operations.
If you like wild growth and working with happy, enthusiastic over-achievers, you'll enjoy your career with us!
- Drive/Participate in cross-functional projects within the Billing Ecosystem Transformation Project with global, direct vs. indirect customer billing and support focus that will help scale the business and streamline the quote-to-cash process in the billing as well as billing support functional areas covering both direct and channel buyers and end user customers. Leads the planning and implementing of long-term strategic initiatives for current and future technologies
- Collaborate with multiple business units including Legal Contracts and Deal Desk teams to understand and establishing best practice process and billing requirements upfront for both business and customer billing (direct, and especially indirect) requirements. Bring a passion for strategic innovation, relentless customer focus, and a zeal for successfully delivering complex projects that drive business value. Oversee and defined business and system requirements for new and/or enhanced technology for complicated billing requirements implementation especially on addressing respective taxes and fees withholding requirements on global accounts. Participate in business transformation projects to ensure that all billing requirements are met
- Lead the development of solutions to complex billing problems, including and not limited to complicated customer requirements for billing for global accounts, to ensure compliance with all applicable taxes and fees, required invoicing currency, split details by cost centers, by locations/departments. Alignment upfront with product engineering and marketing and System Finance to address requirements handling complicated scheduled billings with multiple billing start dates, delayed billings, free period billing and administrations and other complicated customer contracts billing requirements, work closely with the application Finance Systems Analyst to integrate these solutions with the existing and new system meeting all internal and external reporting needs
- Identify issues and recommend solutions ensuring the billings for direct and channel partners and their end user customers are differentiated, processed in a timely, efficient, and accurate manner with strong focus on month-end and quarter-end deadlines, as well as meeting reporting needs
- Be the leader responsible for aligning a diverse team around a clear vision and purpose while leading, inspiring, developing and motivating the team to successfully achieve individual and organizational objectives.
- Manage the day-to-day operations of the Customer Billing and Support team, some remotely. Ensure sales orders that are processed promptly are timely and correctly invoiced in the required formats vs. business or customer requirements; brings continuity to processes. Manage the Billing support team who respond to customers' billing inquiries; research and resolve billing issues and escalate as needed; and drive reporting and timely closures of all invoice related cases including cancellations, or collection cases joint reporting.
- Liason with Deal Desks and Order Management as applicable for initial orders, or any change orders from customers as applicable to ensure various key stakeholder owners (such as deployment team during deployment, e.g. change orders after deployment with AM, or CSE) in the customer's life cycle managements are held accountable to ensure accurate order set up for billing and rating accuracy. Manage and inspire billing and billing support team in developing and documenting best practices in the performance of all duties and responsibilities and act as mentor to individuals on the team that are looking for career guidance
- Work Closely with Sales Operations, FP&A and System Finance to ensure proper system features and functions are built to ensure accurate billing and rating, and reporting set up
- Ensures customer satisfaction and that staffs are trained to perform at a high level of competency. Document deal processing procedures and best practices to facilitate training of new team members.
- Coordinate with the Collections Manager to address invoicing procedures and disputes, and to ensure that all client billing protocols are met to specification. Ensure company financial policies and requirements are observed and work to drive strong controls and compliance for accounting and audit.
- Bachelor's degree required, within Finance and/or Accounting
- >15 years of advancing Customer Billing and Billing support experience in a high-tech environment with broad spectrum responsibilities in billing processing end to end, and a minimum 5+ years leading a highly effective functional billing processing team
- Ideal candidate has deep leadership experience involved in transformation and / or new build of customer billing function, understand and drive efficient upstream and downstream processes with deep understanding of billing processing and cross-functional dependencies
- Experience with ERP billing systems and in building strong teams, skillful in People management; SalesForce and NetSuite experience are a plus
- Broad understanding of policies, procedures, and systems relating to high volume billing in a fast pace subscription business environment.
- Ability and motivation to work efficiently and productively in a multi-task environment
- Ability to identify and analyze problems using sound judgment and determine solutions to effectively resolve issues. Ability to work with a diverse team and drive/ influence changes across functional and business boundaries
- Strategical thinking, Well-organized; able to juggle multiple tasks and prioritize. Have a confirmed proficiency in researching and resolving billing and customer issues
- Excellent process and project management skills required including the ability to manage a significant volume of projects with exercise of good triage and judgment skill. Able to simultaneously manage numerous initiatives and activities, be able to work well both independently and with a team, possess a solid work ethic
- Strong interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
- Intermediate to Expert MS Office suite experience is required