The Director of Revenue and Commercial Finance is a "hands-on" position with direct responsibility for managing all above and below the line activities for our first commercialized product, Udenyca.
In this role, the successful candidate will oversee gross to net planning and forecasting, manage the monthly revenue recognition process with associated accruals, review and approve monthly accruals in partnership with accounting, and manage associate “below the line” operating costs for our commercial organization, as well as provide appropriate reporting and analysis.
Principal Responsibilities and Duties:
- Direct and manage the accounting and analysis of the Company's revenue and gross-to-net process, monthly accruals, quarterly forecasting etc...
- Provide clear, concise and accurate presentations/analysis to senior management with minimal lead time
- Participate in pricing committees that review and approve rebates and discounts.
- Work with channel partners for improved reporting and analysis tools
- Oversee and approve the calculations and payouts to the GPOs and distributors in conjunction with accounting.
- Responsible for the monthly gross-to-net sales deduction reserves and validation of chargebacks and rebates. Maintain the gross-to-net model and deduction rates within the Company's financial systems.
- Work collaboratively across commercial, FP&A, supply chain, and other departments, to develop a thorough understanding of the revenue and distributionbusiness model in order to appropriately apply technical accounting guidance and US GAAP interpretations as they relate to revenue recognition and gross-to-net calculations.
- Execution of month-end close activities, including analysis/reconciliation and presentation of revenues and revenue discounts and their related general ledger accounts in partnership with Revenue accounting team.
- Help oversee third party logistic (3PL) management of accounts receivables, chargebacks and customer credit limits.
- Review commercial and marketing proposals and contracts to determine proper revenue recognition/billing and work closely with third party providers to ensure contractual terms match disbursements.
- Help maintain strong revenue and gross-to-net controls, including key controls in a Sarbanes-Oxley environment.
- Assist revenue accounting research and preparation of technical accounting memos on any revenue-related area.
- Coordinate with external auditors for auditor’s requests to ensure timely and efficient quarterly reviews and annual audit execution; and resolve any issues or problems encountered during the review/audit process related to revenue accounting.
- Be a subject matter expert across the organization with respect to revenue related operations.
- Perform special revenue-related projects and support senior management with analysis, review, reporting and other related revenue needs.
- Budget, forecast, and manage “below the line” expenses based on corporate goals and targets.
- Support quarterly and determine the end of year calculation for Udenyca field team’s incentive compensation.
Experience, Education, Training, Traits:
- BA/BS in business, accounting, or related field.
- 7+ years' leadership experience with a minimum of 5 years leadership experience in revenue cycle management or claims management.
- Knowledge of the revenue cycle management function, cash collections, and accounts receivable management.
- Knowledge of out-of-network and managed care reimbursement. (ideally in oncology)
- Experience presenting to and working directly with C-level executives and work team.
- Experience in business collaborating role, including understanding of functional area roles, responsibilities, and interdependencies of the revenue recognition and gross-to-net controls process.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work effectively across functional areas in a collaborative and team-oriented manner.
- High level of attention to details and willingness to roll up sleeves to get the job done, as well as an aptitude for planning/managing deadlines.
- Creative approach to problem solving.
- Must be self-motivated and function independently, driven towards superior effort and performance and the desire to work in a very dynamic environment.