This position is a critical leadership role with accountability for managing the retirement product and executive benefit area for CUNA Mutual Group. This role is a key driver of strategy development and execution leading coordination of all functions that impact product design, marketing, sales and service.
The retirement and executive benefit areas at CUNA Mutual Group represents over $20B in AUA helping more than 300,000 participants. The retirement business includes 401(k), pension plan and pension risk transfer solutions. The executive benefit area includes charitable donation plans, executive benefit plans and total benefits pre-funding. These areas are crucial to assisting our partners build successful, relevant businesses for their employees and driving our ultimate core mission of helping people achieve financialsecurity.
Lead the development of strategy and plan for retirement product and executive benefit areas. Manage the strategy and oversee execution of the plan. Monitor the profit and loss.
The above statement of duties is not intended to be all inclusive and other duties will be assigned from time to time.
- Develops objectives and success measures.
- Proactively assess and monitor execution of strategy.
- Leads the team in the identification of process improvement opportunities.
- Market expansion of retirement product and executive benefit areas.
- Participate in the cross functional leadership team which focuses on resource allocation, project prioritization and competitive differentiation.
- Work with finance and actuarial teams to monitor and define the value of new and inforce business.
- Collaborate with internal and external investment management partners and consultants.
- Participate in the management of risk and compliance for retirement products.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, finance or related field. Master’s degree or higher professional designation preferred.
- 9+ years of relevant professional experience, preference for experience with 401(k), pension plans and pension risk transfer solutions.
- 3+ years of leadership experience.
- Thorough knowledge of 401(k), pension plan and pension risk transfer businesses; knowledge of advanced planning.
- Willingness to obtain, if necessary, FINRASeries 7, 63 and/or 65 licenses.
- Demonstrated ability to apply business strategy development concepts and traditional strategy analysis models at the product/program level. Ability to translate strategy into action with solid planning and execution.
- Excellent communication, presentation and public speaking skills.
- Experience in leading and motivating a team.
- Experience building or leading a high performing team composed of analytically and consulting oriented professionals.
- Willingness to trav
Job Id: R-003605