Retirement Products is responsible for individual retirement accounts (Traditional and Roth IRAs) and employer-sponsored retirement plans for the corporate and tax exempt markets (i.e. 401(k), 403(b), profit-sharing, defined benefit, etc.). The team is responsible for driving the retirement product strategy and product partner relationships, through innovation and the application of subject matter expertise, in order to ensure that branch teams have a consistent supply of high-quality retirement products and resources to meet the needs of our clients.
- Lead and develop a team of product specialists who demonstrate proficiency in qualified and non-qualified retirement plans for corporate and tax-exempt markets.
- Lead and develop a team that analyzes client insights, market analytics, historical trends, and industry landscape to predict client demand and manage product supply.
- Understand potential new markets and new ways to deliver retirement plan products and services to reach a broader spectrum of potential clients.
- Lead and assist others in the management of business and regulatory risk to ensure continuity and effectiveness of employer sponsored retirement plan solutions.
- Understand firm and branch tools/systems and identify opportunities for enhancements.
- Partner with internal areas and product partners to ensure alignment of product partner, client, and branch-facing messages.
- Lead the development and execution of the department's annual business plan to produce the desired results.
- Collaborate with other stakeholders in the firm that support the retirement plan business to ensure the necessary alignment and support.
- Know our product partners and build relationships throughout their organizations to advance strategic and tactical initiatives.
- Bachelor's degree in business, finance or economics, or equivalent work experience; advanced degree a plus.
- Series 7 and 24 and required within 6 months of hire. Series 66 required within 12 months.
- 10+ years of increasingly significant experience in the retirement plan industry.
- Strong knowledge of ERISA and the regulatory landscape, including DOL rules.
- In depth knowledge of retirement plan products and services, including knowledge of service providers and responsibilities across various (bundled and unbundled) platform arrangements.
- Strong knowledge of retirement plan design, compliance, administration, and recordkeeping requirements, etc. as well as retirement plan pricing.
- Strong ability to consult with financial advisors and clients regarding the design and implementation of various retirement plan alternatives best suited to unique goals and objectives.
- Strong people leadership skills including demonstrated success in developing others, as well as a track record for getting results with and through others.
- Proven track record of developing and executing broad business plans to grow and support the retirement plan business.
- Proven track record of strategic thought leadership, especially with retirement plans.
- Strong analytical and communication (verbal and written) skills.