marketing organization, with responsibility for driving marketing solution strategy, delivery and operations across Email, Mobile, SEM, SEO, Affiliates marketing programs. The Director will interact with senior Marketing leadership and end users in defining strategy for marketing capabilities and work to enable those partnering with technology teams, external solution providers, analytics and various business functions. In addition, the Director also has ultimate ownership and accountability for continues operations, improvements and user support across all managed marketing programs. This is a tremendous opportunity for an individual to take over an established team in a high-visibility role at America's premier Omni-Channel retailer. For this key role, we are seeking self-driven individual with proven experience developing and delivering upon marketing systems and technology roadmaps; identifying new opportunities with systems and processes improvements; communicating and ensuring cross-project work effort supports the overall vision and strategy. This individual must demonstrate leadership, strategy vision, technical expertise, and strong communication capabilities needed to achieve cross-functional alignments necessary to deliver enterprise wide solutions and support structures. The successful candidate will oversee teams responsible for: product delivery, marketing operations support and partner integrations. Perform other duties as assigned.
This role reports to VP, Marketing Systems & Technology.
Lead team in the delivery and operational management of email, sms, push, in-app messaging, search marketing (sem, seo), affiliate marketing, etc. capabilities, with a focus on personalization, customer experience, scalability, analytics optimization and measurement.
- Evaluating existing capabilities, processes and business and technology gaps.
- Establishing systems priorities.
- Leading development of functional requirements and product delivery.
- Anticipate upstream and downstream project impacts.
- As needed, at the project level, coordinate team efforts and activities between internal technology teams, vendors and internal/external business partners.
- Work with internal business and technical groups to successfully rollout new capabilities to the end-users.
- Accountable for continues business operations, issue resolution and end user support.
- Own relationship with multiple external marketing systems vendors.
- Manage vendor budget, expenses and SOWs.
- Set standards and processes.
Develop Product /Solution Vision and Roadmap
- Ensures that Macys customer and marketing experience is effective and best-in-class by building best in class marketing technology capabilities.
- Envisioning, leading marketing system capabilities and developing cohesive product roadmaps in support of Macys marketing organization and other stakeholders.
- Provide solution leadership. Identify unmet customer needs and develop possible feature/functionality concepts that meet those needs.
- Drive relationships with Executives and business-function sponsors, understanding their objectives, and establishing trust and dialogue on how to support those.
- Partner with key business stakeholders and business user teams to provide trusted thought leadership. Drive collaboration and accomplish global product and systems development.
- Assist business stakeholders in prioritizing project work, articulate clear prioritization and business justification to engineering teams and convey IT constraints and dependencies to business users.
Work with enterprise data governance establishing data management strategy across external and internal sources
- Oversee management and operations of all systems and processes including internal and third-party.
- Ensure operational excellence.
- Manage team responsible for issue resolution and production support.
- Review risks and drive corrective actions to mitigate.
Team Development & Administrative:
- Work with VP, Marketing Systems and Marketing leadership to set and execute objectives for the team.
- Lead, coach, cultivate and manage the members of Interactive Marketing Systems teams. Provide direction, guidance and priority. Ensure individual career growth goals are being met by team members.
- Provides direction and directives to direct reports in the performance of their duties, establishing work priorities, and in achieving company initiatives.
- Build and cultivate culture of innovation, engagement, agility, collaboration and openness.
- Establish goals, objectives and KPI reporting to help with visibility and tracking of team performance.
- Manage rapidly growing organization, currently consisting of 15+ FTE and contractors.
- Responsible for team expense and project budget planning, forecasting, reconciliation, and expenditure approvals.
- Consistently demonstrates regular, dependable attendance & punctuality.
- BA/BS Degree is required. Master���,��?�s Degree is strongly desired.
- 10+ years relevant professional experience in the field of Marketing Technology, Product management, IT, Consulting, Analytics or Digital Marketing.
- 5+ years of experience managing and developing teams (ideally managing Managers) within large scale enterprise setting.
- 5+ years in delivery of Marketing technology solutions across (Email, Mobile, SEM, SEO, Affiliates and other tactics).
- Experience and knowledge of cloud enabled services / applications.
- CRM (Customer relationship management).
- End-to-end marketing process and marketing technology delivery.
- Data Management.
- Hands-on experience with the omni-channel marketing, analytical and information management systems.
- Proven competence with development methodologies, business process management, QA fundamentals, process documentation and project management.
- Strong business writing and presentation development skills.
- Basic math functions such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, and analytical skills.
- Must be able to work independently with minimal supervision and make sound decisions.
- This position involves regular walking, standing, sitting for extended periods of time, hearing, and talking.
- May occasionally involve stooping, kneeling, or crouching.
- May involve close vision, color vision, depth perception, focus adjustment, and viewing computer monitor for extended periods of time.
- Involves manual dexterity for using keyboard, mouse, and other office equipment.
- May involve moving or lifting items under 10 pounds.
- Excellent critical thinking, problem solving and analytical skills.
- Proven ability to manage cross functional team efforts to achieve project success.
- Proven ability to build teams and develop talent.
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to prioritize efforts and maximize the value of allocated resources.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule based on department and company needs.