The Director, Pharmacy Quality & Safety is a key leader in the Pharmacy Professional Services organization. This role is responsible for leading a number of important programs designed to ensure that the highest levels of safety and quality pharmaceutical care are delivered across our 9,600+ community pharmacy practice settings.
As such, this role is responsible for leading efforts to continuously improve dispensing accuracy through the development and execution of an annual Patient Safety Plan for the retail pharmacy organization.
Using data analytics to identify existing or emergent patient safety and quality risks and the development /implementation of new processes, programs, training and system enhancements to mitigate or eliminate those risks is a central component of the work that this role will lead.
This team is also responsible for supporting stores and Field Leadership in incident recovery efforts as needed. This Leader will plays an important role in shaping and promoting a culture of safety in our stores through the adoption of cultivation of “Just Culture” principles.
This Leader is also responsible managing our current suite of pharmacy quality programs, to include: pharmacy compounding quality, REMS program quality, and our professional accreditation programs.
CVS/pharmacy currently the only national pharmacy chain to have earned Community Pharmacy Accreditation from URAC. Additionally, we are DMEPOS Accredited through the National Association of Boards of Pharmacy.
This role is responsible for managing the accreditation renewal process as well as maintaining our day-to-day relationship with these organizations. Ensuring our retail pharmacy practice remains compliant with the quality standards established by each organization is a key responsibility for this role.
The Director, Pharmacy Quality & Safety is responsible formonitoring the quality of the pharmaceutical care and services provided by ourteam of community pharmacists.
As such,this role will lead the creation of a newly formed auditing function utilizinga variety of auditing methods designed to assess the overall quality of thepharmacy services provided to our customers.
In this capacity, this individual will play an important role in thecreation of key metrics, score cards, accountability programs and incentiveplans designed to promote continuous quality improvement across our fleet ofretail pharmacies.
This individual will be responsible for the leadership and professionaldevelopment of a team of talented quality and patient safety professionals.
Additionally this Leader will routinelypartner and collaborate with leaders in Field Leadership, Legal, RiskManagement, Enterprise Patient Safety Department, Pharmacy Operations,Enterprise Analytics and Customer Relations. This role interacts with members of Sr. Leadership on a regular cadence.
The successful candidate must be able to engage and inspire their team and others to effectively and efficiently meet or exceed all performance goals and objects set forth as part of the team’s agenda.
This individual must be able to effectively persuade and influence across multiple levels of leadership using facts and well-reasoned cases. The individual must have polished executive presence and be comfortable presenting to, and interacting with members of our Sr. Leadership team.
· 3+ years of experience identifying and defining business problems and issues, developing and implementing solutions, and creating strategic, analytical and financial frameworks to conduct analysis and/or measure success.
· 3+ years of experience with managing multiple enterprise level projects concurrently
· 5+ years of demonstrated increasing responsibility roles in corporate, consulting, retail operational/field environment or related experience
· 3+ years of demonstrated key performance indicators and analysis experience (e.g. data analysis, reporting development, etc.)
· 3+ years of leadership experience managing a team of 3 or more direct reports
· Background and established track record of accomplishment in a leadership role focused on quality assurance work and or defect reduction in a high reliability industry is preferred
· Retail and/or Strategy Consulting experience: A minimum of two years of post MBA professional experience at a relevant retail company (e.g. Drug, Mass) or leading strategy consulting firm (e.g. Bain, BCG, McKinsey).
· 2+ years of strategic management consulting experience post MBA with a leading consulting firm with a strong healthcare, consumer packaged goods, manufacturing or quality assurance & high reliability industry
· MBA or Master’s
Bachelor's degree required.
Job ID: 700096BR.