Director - Retail Operations
Less than 5 years experience • Leisure and Travel
Oversees operations, promotions and visual merchandising for the retail sector of the Milwaukee Brewers and provides direction to supervisors and associates in accordance with Club’s customer service, sales and applicable operation standards.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Other duties may be assigned.
- Supervision of Assistant Store Manager and Store/Portable SalesAssociates.
- Manage and oversee store operation and sales goals by assigning employees and following up on work results.
- SalesAssociate training including cashier, customer service, operations and sales tasks.
- Create and implement incentive programs for all sales staff.
- Manage and maintain retail store/portable standards, policies and procedures.
- Manage the “opens” and “closes” of all retaillocations.
- Schedules all hourly retailassociates to ensure proper coverage for all game day and non-game day store/portable hours and responsibilities.
- Works with the cash office and finance team to ensure daily cash reports are accurate and investigates any variances.
- Monitors store floor, assist with guests needs and requests both on the floor and at the cashier area.
- Works with Director of Merchandise and Sr. Director of Merchandise Branding to regularly evaluate, create and maintain store layout and visual displays aimed to generate sales.
- Works with Director of Merchandise and Inventory Manager to ensure inventory levels are maintained.
- Organizes, manages and implements sales initiatives through Brewers events including but not limited to Summerfest, State Fair, Brewers on Deck, Brewed for Her and the Clubhouse Sale.
- Works closely with Sr. Director of Merchandise Branding to create, develop and implement promotions related to retailsales including but not limited to gift-with-purchases, holiday packages, enter-to-win promotions, special events, player signings and photo/essay promotions.
- Works with department heads within the organization for merchandise transfers and other in-store merchandise needs.
- Maintains cleanliness and safety standards throughout the retail shops and portables
- Sets sales goals for all retaillocations and communicates to store/retail staff.
- Works with Inventory Manager to set stock levels are ensures store fixtures are full.
- Conducts inventory counts.
- Creates and distributes various salesreports.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Ability to motivate and manage staff of all levels.
- Strong organizational and time management skills; ability to direct the activities of staff and plan ahead and proactively
- Ability to problem solve and think outside the box; React to issues in a constructive manner and be a proactive planner.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to multitask and thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Advanced math skills; proficient in MS Excel and retail POS/Inventory systems.
Education and/or Experience
- Minimum three years of store management; Sports retail purchasing a plus
- Previous cash handling experiencerequired.
- Prior experience working with point of sale (POS) system required.
- Bachelor’s Degree with Business Management or Sports Management preferred.