The Director of Retail Operations will work cross functionally with all of business functions and external partners including to build the world class customer experience in both retail and E-Commerce environment by providing convenient options and intuitive services to customers. Ultimately, the goal of the retail operations is to build new ways to enhance the operations to support the customer experience
This role is also responsible for operations across multi-platform promote retail business. This role will initiate discussion across all key departments such as IT, store operations, finance, compliance and marketing departments to work effectively and leverage cross-functional support with both internal and external stakeholders to drive ultimate transformation success.
- Create a positive customer experience strategy that reflect Green Thumb’s brand; ensure each store has an environment where team members can deliver the very best relationship-focused customer experience
- Incorporate customer feedback/UX data, operations and process improvement recommendations, design improvements, and customer service techniques into daily store operations.
- Set and drive operational standards for all retail locations including continuous improvement on processes, protocols, and other operating standards, ensuring all regulatory and operational compliance measures are met.
- Work with Field Leaders on daily organization and operation of the current store locations
- Establish and review operation policies for effectiveness.
- Maintain awareness by regularly visiting stores throughout the company network
- Build rapport and reinforce culture to ensure a safe and inclusive working environment
- Serve as a center of excellence around new retail and omni channel trends
- Direct and manage all strategic and tactical retail operations activities to achieve long-term goals including productivity and guest service enhancements, new store design and implementation, and re-engineering of store process
- Partner with IT and digital team to serve a best-in-class digital flagship that showcases the brand, provides a great user experience and is optimized for growing sales
- Assist with managing external vendors, contracts, relationships and technical requirements to continue to develop and enhance the retail omni channel platforms, to holding third party vendors accountable for performance and deliverables as applicable
- Serves as a subject matter expert in work methods, efficiency techniques and retail/omni channel management software.
- Develops forward-thinking, initiatives to boost effectiveness within omni channel operations, implementing and managing project work through utilization of current retail systems with a focus on continuous customer experience and productivity improvement.
- Partner with Vice-President of Retail Operations to create and drive retail operations initiatives in support of overall Company strategy.
- Direct all aspects of performance and development of direct reports to encourage professional growth.
- Work collaboratively with brand, marketing and merchandising teams to execute and maintain appropriate omni channel merchandising and operations standards
- Monitor team member and customer engagement and satisfaction indicators as key measurements in internal/external customer feedback
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Management, Marketing, or a related field
- 7-10 years of experience in a similar operational or retail store leadership roles and past work in start-up / high-growth environments
- Highly motivated, self-directed, innovative and able to work independently or among teams with keen judgement, common sense and resourcefulness
- Adapts and thrives in a demanding, fast-paced environment
- Possesses a high level of critical thinking
- Operates with a high level of professionalism and integrity, including dealing with confidential information
- Must understand and comply with the rules, regulations, policies, and procedures of Green Thumb
- Must have a solid understanding of the Cannabis laws, rules and regulations and passion to further their understanding and knowledge of the industry and the laws.
- Must pass any and all required background checks
- Must be and remain compliant with all legal or company regulations for working in the industry
- Must possess valid driver’s license
- Must be a minimum of 21 years of age