Leads and oversees Retail Models Data Management and Implementation for GRM in Canada, Caribbean and Central American countries ensuring business models are developed based on high quality data and implemented timely in production systems in compliance with governing regulations, internal policies and procedures.
- Leads and drives a customer focused culture throughout their team to deepen client relationships and leverage broader Bank relationships, systems and knowledge.
- Leads, manages, and maintains a Retail Data Management framework supporting the needs of Retail Modeling & Analytics (RMA). This includes data retrieval from source systems, data storage, data standardization, data quality, and overall data organization to support development and deployment of predictive models and other ad hoc analytics.
- Innovate the current data collection process for model development to help transform the bank’s approach for addressing business challenges including, but not limited to, data storage (move from traditional warehouse to data lake), data standardization and retrieval, model prototyping, development, deployment, monitoring and reporting.
- Ensures Retail data used for model development is reliable and robust and that it adheres to Bank and industry standards. The preparation and management of complex data is essential for ensuring model integrity.
- Strong understanding of bureau and other data sources, data storage systems, life cycle decision systems (eg. OMDM, TRIAD, PROBE) as well as data health management are critical success factors.
- Contributes to the Retail Bank’s profitability targets and management of credit risk for the Retail portfolio by leading and managing deployments for all models owned/developed by RMA in the relevant decision system, including models used for Risk Decision Support, Regulatory, and IFRS 9 calculations.
- Oversees the testing of models prior to deployment in the production environment and post implementation, including the creation of clear and comprehensive test strategies/plans. A key part of the responsibility is to ensure thorough and timely UAT execution within project defined timelines.
- Understands how the Bank’s risk appetite and risk culture should be considered in day-to-day activities and decisions.
- Creates an environment in which his/her team pursues effective and efficient operations of his/her respective areas, while ensuring the adequacy, adherence to and effectiveness of day-to-day business controls to meet obligations with respect to operational risk, regulatory compliance risk, AML/ATF risk and conduct risk, including but not limited to responsibilities under the Operational Risk Management Framework, Regulatory Compliance Risk Management Framework, AML/ATF Global Handbook and the Guidelines for Business Conduct.
Builds a high performance environment and implements a people strategy that attracts, retains, develops and motivates their team by fostering an inclusive work environment; communicating vison/values/business strategy and managing succession and development planning for the team.
Education / Experience / Other Information:
- Masters in Computer Science/Engineering or similar quantitative discipline
- Strong knowledge of data warehouse technologies, data management and risk decision systems in addition to background in Retail Risk Management concepts and needs.
- Strong mainframe, UNIX and PC skills.
- Strong data skills using software such as SAS, SQL, R, etc.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Good interpersonal and multi-tasking skills are essential to interpret, and explain data requirements, processes, tools, environment & concepts to team members and stakeholders.
- Efficient and flexible as work is normally conducted under tight deadlines and with conflicting/multiple priorities. Excellent project management, problem solving, analytical and decision making skills.
Requisition ID: 19615