Boar’s Head Brand is in search of an experienced professional to join our Innovation team as the Director of Retail Engagement Innovation. In this highly visible role, the ideal candidate willhave a proven track record of creating innovative shopper experience programs that deliver best-in-class shopper experiences at retail. A successful candidate should be adept at uncovering human-centered insights and skillful at translating those insights into actionable training designs, development processes and procedures.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Research Leadership: Lead all human-centered research by designing, planning and executing internal and external Innovation research (including: consumer shop-a-longs, ethnography interviews, findings analysis and insight presentations.)
- Collaboration with Innovation team to translate insights into powerful stories and strategic designs for innovative products, services, interactions and experiences.
- Oversees the creation and implementation of training materials, programs and processes and, if needed, engages external third parties to address role specific training needs.
- Familiarity with e-Learning systems, administration and downstream impact.
- Perform comprehensive needs analysis to assess a retail partner' learning situation, expectations, resources, constraints, learning needs, learning gaps, and tasks in relation to the organization's mission and goals.
- Conduct training needs assessment, analyze and research the technology and infrastructure available to meet retail partner's needs.
- Present training options, delivery methods and techniques.
- Develop clear objectives for training.
- Maintain current knowledge of latest industry tools and processes to ensure training is innovative, engaging, and on the cutting edge of training technology.
- Contribute to improvement of team processes and standards.
- Evaluate existing training materials and identify needs for future materials.
- Conduct reviews of new training materials.
Education and Experience
- BA or BS degree, in Instructional Design, Human Resources Development, Psychology or related field
- 10+ years of experience in management and training in the retail and/or food service industry is required
- Specialized training in instructional design methodologies is required
- Ability to maintain high level of confidentiality
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong time management and organizational skills
- Some travel required (10-25%)