Director Retail Banking - Branches
8 - 10 years experience • Financial Services
In this role, responsibilities will include guiding, coaching, training and monitoring branch management and staff to achieve and maintain a consistent and high level of performance. You will assist and direct escalated branch operational questions and will serve as a member liaison for escalated member complaints and comments. As Director, Retail Branches, you will travel extensively and frequently to each of their branches. You will serve as a leader and personally exemplify Patelco’s standards of ethics, professionalism and be able to develop and maintain a professional, positive, dynamic team environment in each branch. You must have a 100% commitment to achieving excellence in: member’s service experience, accurate/efficient member interaction; attractive, organized and professional branch appearance and a consistent and high level of goal achievement.
- Branch Manager Development, Goals and Training – Responsible for mentoring, coaching and developing branch managers in their ability to develop and maintain high standards, including but not limited to: staff development and coaching/counseling skills, quality of service and branch goal achievement. AVP-Regional Director must also be able to facilitate and develop a positive, dynamic team environment and have a full commitment to excellence in: Quality of member experience, accurate and efficient service level, branch appearance/standards and branch goal achievement. AVP-Regional Director will create and maintain mutually beneficial and positive relationships that support the entire operations team as well as Patelco departments and staff.
- Branch Goals: Monitor, guide and coach branch managers to successfully achieve their branch goals. Involve and inform VP, Sales and Member Service immediately of issues related to goal achievement and/or manager’s ability/performance. Collaborate with VP, Sales and Member Service to develop improvement plans, counseling sessions to achieve desired changes. Perform a monthly review of objectives and goals, in performance plans and branch goals.
- Branch Quality: Responsible for guiding managers to develop and maintain a high level of branch appearance/atmosphere, professionalism, staff professional attire, consistency and quality of member greeting/acknowledgment and interaction with member’s as set by VP, Sales and Member Service
- Productivity: Monitor productivity and staffing levels at each branch and for the region as a whole, for adherence to productivity and efficiency standards. Provide support, training and guidance to managers to achieve desired results.
- Community Involvement/Business Development: Work closely with business and community development staff to enhance and develop Patelco in the community and with area SEG’s. Network with peers in the credit union and banking community, business and chamber associations and community organizations to develop and foster relationships, understand local and national competition and gain insight to help develop and grow region.
- Branch Marketing: Responsible for guiding/teaching and holding managers accountable for placement and maintenance of branch marketing materials, conforming to standards set by VP, Sales and Member Service
- Evaluation and Performance Reviews: Provide completed reviews to VP, Sales and Member Service for branch manager’s performance evaluations. Maintain the necessary documentation to complete the evaluations in a constructive, accurate and fair manner. Update performance plans as needed to reflect changes in work assignments, staffing and branch volume. Review regional performance plans for accuracy and conformance to approved guidelines.
- Personnel Issues: Guide and direct personnel issues in regions branches. Secure VP, Sales and Member Service guidance and approval for all warnings and disciplinary action. AVP-Regional Director will be directly responsible for disciplinary action related to branch managers.
- Branch Strategic Initiatives: Actively participate in and support Patelco committees, branch experiments and initiatives to assure implementation and success. Guide and monitor managers and staff of branch for buy in and implementation of projects.
- Regional Schedules and Staffing: Complete regional schedules for branches, review region branches scheduling for coverage, coordinate coverage and filling of staff vacancies. Interview applicants with branch managers and provide overview of qualities to VP, Sales and Member Service. Keep VP, Sales and Member Service and H/R department up to date on vacancies and recruitment
- 5 years as a regional manager or equivalent, multi-branch management experience.
- Must have at least 7 years previous job-related experience
- BA/BS or equivalent job experience
- Must be computer literate & proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and/or Powerpoint
- Financial industry experiencerequired
- NMLS License, preferred