Industry: Professional, Scientific & Technical Services•
5 - 7 years
Posted 74 days ago
Our Corporate Finance and Restructuring practice, a trusted partner to companies, boards of directors, investors, lenders and creditors around the world, is focused on delivering restructuring and business transformation solutions. Committed to our clients’ success, our professionals address the full spectrum of financial, operational and transactional risks and opportunities. Among our core strengths is providing expertise in guiding companies through the value creation lifecycle. Our targeted offerings include restructuring, insolvency, litigation support, interim management, capital market advisory, post-acquisition integration, valuation, tax advisory as well as financial management and performance improvement solutions. Our clients demand our industry expertise, which includes emphasis in the energy, healthcare, real estate, retail and consumer products, and telecom, media and technology sectors. Our Corporate Finance & Restructuring services are delivered through a global network of 41 offices in 15 countries situated in Asia, Australia, Europe, Latin America and North America.
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY:
We provide analytical services to debtors, creditors and other stakeholders of companies experiencing unfavorable situations arising from liquidity problems, over-leverage, under-performance, right-sizing or other business transition issues. FTI has over 400 restructuring specialists including Certified Public Accountants, Certified Turnaround Professionals, Certified Insolvency and Reorganization Advisors, and Certified Fraud Examiners. With client service in mind, FTI recruits experienced talent from nationally recognized accounting and restructuring firms, corporations, industries and investment banks. FTI has managed thousands of engagements in a variety of industries representing some of the largest bankruptcy proceedings and out-of-court restructurings to date.
FTI Consulting assists management in workouts with their lenders to:
• Manage the workout process.
• Prepare business plans and cash flow projections.
• Assess the company’s long-term viability and business strategy.
• Coordinate with creditors and their professionals.
• Manage cash flow and working capital.
• Identify nonessential assets to be sold and manage the sale process.
• Create and develop a business rehabilitation plan to maximize profitability.
• Design, negotiate and implement a financial restructuring plan.
• Identify sources of new capital, particularly through refinancing.
• Evaluate financial and operating results of competitors within the industry.
• Provide technical expertise and experience at an advanced level; participate in managing client relationships, client service and practice management.
• Supervise and direct client engagements: provide technical expertise, perform analyses, supervise and guide consultants and senior consultants.
• Responsibilities include reviewing work product, financial statements, models and reports for accuracy and completeness; conducting discussions with clients about status and results of work performed; preparing and reviewing work plans; ensuring assignments are carried out within scope, budgeted time and delivery commitments; following progress of engagement, updating Managing Directors and Senior Managing Directors; helping resolve analytical and technical problems as they arise; prepare work product.
• Apply business, economics, finance, accounting and analytical skills to various client situations and practice disciplines (e.g. financial modeling, ratio and comparable company analysis, review/analysis of financial statements and projections, assessing business plans, conducting due diligence, etc.)
• Understand, synthesize and analyze large amounts of data associated with complex restructuring, due diligence and litigation cases. Provide relevant analysis and summaries for interested parties including clients, FTI management or attorneys.
• Prepare complex cash flow projections to model business processes or actual or hypothetical transactions.
• Assist in developing business strategies for turnaround and profitability improvement.
• Recruit, train, develop and evaluate client service staff.
• Manage teams of various levels of staff to ensure effective utilization of time.
• Manage client relationships; identify and develop opportunities to enhance relationships with existing clients/contact. Identify possible sources of new business.
• Deliver presentations on the spectrum of services to potential clients.
• Demonstrate support in advancing company and segment objectives of profitability, professionalism and teamwork with staff and clients.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Master’s Degree, CPA or CIRA preferred.
• Experience with bankruptcy processes and procedures, restructuring troubling companies or related financial, analytical experience.
• Excellent project management skills and proven capabilities in managing a team.
• Strong knowledge of corporate finance and accounting principles and expertise within the field of restructuring.
• Self-starter with the ability to work in fast-paced, multitasking environment.
• Superior interpersonal, communication, marketing, sales and organizational skills.
• Proficiency with PC environment and related software, preferably Microsoft Office.
• Leadership and management skills.
• Bachelor’s Degree in accounting, finance or related field.
• Minimum of 6 years within accounting/finance, restructuring or related field.
• Ability to travel 60-80%.
POSITION CLASSIFICATION: Exempt
FTI Consulting is an Equal Opportunity Employer