PRIMARY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
PEOPLE - 20%
1. Promotes a satisfied and competent employee work environment through establishing a climate for growth and challenge, doing timely performance appraisals, providing development and mentoring of managers and staff. (EF)
2. Directs and implements hiring, counseling, discipline and performance management of unit staff and management whom report to this position. (EF)
3. Creates a climate that fosters compassionate care, innovation, cooperation, collaboration and teamwork. Functions as role model to staff, reinforcing principles of service orientation and ensuring that the focus is always on improving patient care. (EF)
4. Implements change, demonstrating the ability to motivate employees and follow through to ensure change in behavior has actually occurred. (EF)
SERVICE - 20%
1. Directs, delegates and oversees work efforts as appropriate to insure the best possible delivery of service, quality outcomes, and high customer/patient satisfaction. (EF)
2. Sets priorities and goals in consultation with senior management. Provides leadership to staff, giving direction and guidance to managers and staff as appropriate. (EF)
3. Maintains 24 hour accountability and authority for decisions regarding patient care, unit operations and personnel management for designated unit(s). (EF)
QUALITY/SAFETY - 20%
1. Remains current and proficient with regulatory requirements for the provision of clinical services. Translates the requirements into operations to ensure compliance. Uses automated systems to access, transmit and produce information (i.e. databases, Teletracking, METHOD).
2. Coordinates the provision of comprehensive, intradisciplinary patient care that results in clinical excellence, optimal outcomes and maximum patient and family satisfaction.
3. Demonstrates components of I CARE values and complies with Business Practices standards for performance.
FINANCE - 20%
1. Plans, budgets and organizes, and manages the department to accomplish operational and strategic objectives. (EF)
2. Follows all safety rules on the job. Reports accidents promptly and corrects minor safety hazards.
GROWTH/INNOVATION - 20%
1. Projects anticipated volume and demand for resources, conducts cost analysis, analyzes and monitors budget reports and variances, evaluates human and material resource utilization and makes necessary adjustments, collaborates with finance and other business personnel to develop new program initiatives. Analyzes and interprets complex data sets and reports (variance analysis, financial/quality, population specific reports). (EF)
This job description is not intended to be all inclusive; the employee will also perform other reasonably related business/job duties as assigned. Houston Methodist reserves the right to revise job duties and responsibilities as the need arises.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Establish and implement goals and objectives for Respiratory Care Services.
2. Prepares and manages within operating budgets.
3. Employ and discharge personnel as necessary.
4. Prepares subordinates to assume new responsibilities.
5. Assigns/designates subordinates' job duties and responsibilities as necessary.
6. Prepares and enforces department policies and procedures.
7. Acts as liaison between Respiratory Care Services and both Hospital administration and the medical staff.
8. Maintains records and documents according to hospital requirements.
9. Appraises the job performance of subordinates as required and assures the qualifications and comptentency of those personnel.
10. Communicates effectively in speech and in writing.
11. attends required inservices and continuing education classes.
12. Integrates the departmental services into the primary functions of the organization.
13. Coordinates and integrates inter and intradepartmental services.
14. Recommends a sufficient number of qualified and compe10t persons to provide care and service.
15. Continuously assesses and identifies opportunities to improve the quality of care and services provided.
16. Maintains quality control programs.
17. Provides for orientation and continuing education of all personnel.
18. Assesses the need for space and other resources and makes recommendations to the organization.
19. Performs other duties as directed.
Experience Graduate of an AMA approved Respiratory Therapy program or its equivalent. Must be registered by the National Board for Respiratory Care (NBRC). Must be certified to practice by the Texas Department of Health.
Must have 5 years of management experience in a comparable institution and have a baccalaureate degree.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES AND REGISTRATIONS REQUIRED
Licensed by TDH to practice Respiratory Care, and registered by the National Board for Respiratory Care Basic CPR
SPECIAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
Must be able to write and speak effectively in English.
Must demonstrate interpersonal skills with all levels of the healthcare team
Equal Employment Opportunity
Houston Methodist is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Job Ref # 37425