At PayPal, we put people at the center of everything we do. Within the GCO-GCCI Internal Control Partner Center of Excellence Team, our vision is a culture of risk control awareness and a mission to have a comprehensive understanding of our operational processes through strong partnerships across the business that allow us to proactively minimize threats and help make PayPal a great and enduring company. This position is part of the FLOD Internal Controls' Center of Excellence Organization's Resiliency & Incident Management team. This requires an individual who possesses our core competencies with deep skillset knowledge to stand-up and drive a program that will define and deliver resilience excellence. A thought leader that embraces and displays best practices with a passion to coach, train, strategize, implement, and delivers results that continuously improve resilience processes. Strong experience in executing business continuity life cycles and understands a riskcontrol environment necessary for effective resilience, incident, and issue management. The Director- Resiliency Management is a proven subject matter expert and is a strategic visionary that champions a risk awareness culture that can embrace best practices in the areas of business continuity planning, exercise, response, resumption, and recovery. Proactively identifies improvement opportunities in all activities undertaken tomaintain continuity of operations, situational awareness, communications, managing interested 3rd parties, and after-action reporting. The portfolio includes over 400 business continuity and disaster recovery plans with BC Coordinators and 40 plus Internal Control Partners. The Director engages, supports, and works closely withthe first line of defense FA Internal Control Partners and Business Continuity Coordinators to ensure best practices are adopted to operationalize an effective continuity of operations response and recovery. Must be able to cultivate close working relationships across the organization's Local and Regional Incident Management Teams and Second Line of Defense.
- Is a subject matter expert in developing strategies and solutions for business continuity and disaster recovery, develops exercise scenarios to validate strategies and solutions and related RTO
- Business acumen for a FinTech or Financial organization with a diverse workforce that is engaged withcustomers and merchants, in a fast-paced environment requiring the ability to adapt to an ever-changing business operation
- Is a visionary, strategic thinker, and implementer of ideas that materialize into action
- Serve as a champion of best practices and educate others, inform of policy changes and requirements, understands the importance of risk controls and associated tools that provide business continuity planning and exercises
- Communicates clearly and concise, discerns information that is necessary to determine pace and volume of communication based on audience needs and expectations, is considered as an advance user of MS tools
- Capable of creating and standing up a first line of defense business continuity and disaster recovery quality assurance program that dovetails into second line of defense with no overlap
- Responsible for administrating and conducting quality assurance reviews of BC and DR plans that improve strategies to match recovery time objectives, and eliminates single points of failure
- Creates exercise scenarios that are relevant to executing strategies and facilitates exercises that improves the training experience.
- Supports SLOD training awareness requirements for BC Coordinator and Planners
- Responsible for reviewing and improving the quality of After Action Exercise Reports
- Partners with COE BCM Manager, Director of Incident Management Response, Director of Customer Recovery, Director of Issue Management, and Directors of COE FLOD Partners
- Identify and develops appropriate KPI & SLA, creates dashboards and can deliver written and verbal reports as frequency and cadence requires
- Schedule, prepare and lead 1:1 coaching and team learning sessions and stand-ups that are interactive, engaging and driven based upon developmental needs
- Capable of using and able to train others on BC tools such as Continuity Logic
- Supports in the development and implementation of Plans for new groups, systems and processes/procedures in various departments and works with Plan owners to implement them
- Create and review Line of Business and FA Continuity of Operations playbooks and procedures tocoordinate activities and communications
- Foster ongoing awareness of business recovery requirements and strategies with business/Operations partners
- Utilize effective coaching styles to the performance and knowledge level of each staff member (supportlearning style differences/flexibility)
- As a COE Leader you will become a significant resource to other departments in and around PayPal; it is important to support other Global Teams as well other departments that come seeking guidance and support, and accepts other assignments and projects as determined by the Senior Director of Resiliency and Incident Management
- Attend professional meetings, read literature, and participate in training or other educational offerings tokeep abreast of new developments and technologies related to Business Continuity/Disaster Recovery
- Working with Ambiguity
- Motivating Others
- Decision Quality/Problem Solving
- Process Management
- Presentation Skills, Interpersonal Savvy
- Drive for Results
- Time Management
- Functional/Technical Skills
- Thrives in ONE TEAM environment: Inclusion, Collaboration, Innovation, Wellness
Prerequisite Knowledge and Proficiencies:
- Working knowledge and application of business continuity life cycle planning and technical acumen tosupport disaster recovery planning and exercising
- Strong analytical, cross-referencing and deductive reasoning skills. Ability to problem-solve, review and analyze data, locate its source, effectively assess risk, identify root cause of issues and identify operational efficiencies. Ability to determine best course of action/make sound recommendations for correction of testing/monitoring findings.
- Self-motivated. Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment with frequent interruptions and work effectively under the pressure of deadlines.
- Demonstrated attention to detail along with working knowledge of various operational and back office functions within the First Line of Defense Organization.
- Must display a high level of professionalism, sound judgment, commitment, integrity, teamwork, and customer service.
- Proven organizational skills.
- Solid communication skills, both written and verbal, and the ability to communicate with several stakeholders.
- Ability to establish and maintain harmonious working relationships with co-workers and business units.
- 8-10 years professional related experience in business continuity; experience in standing up a program; preferably experience in a call center operation; fintech; Banking or AML/BSA functions.
- 3-5 years as a senior people leader of a Business Continuity and/or Disaster Recovery organization
- 3-5 years of performing incident management response and performing after action RCA to identify issues resulting from events and exercises
- Advance knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Visio, PowerPoint, Microsoft Project, etc.).
- Demonstrated strong written, oral and presentation skills to foster productive relationships with diverse staff.
Licenses and Certifications:
- Appropriate certifications (CBCP, MBCP, CPP, ISO 22301).
- PMP encouraged.
- Ability to travel to various worksites and be on call is required.
- Personnel: Yes
- Mentor: Yes
- Budget: Yes
- BS/BA Degree or educational equivalent in emergency management, risk management, business or a related field is required.
- This position requires sitting, typing and repetitive motions.
Position Scope Details:
The above listed statements intend to describe the general nature of work performed within the role. They are not an exhaustive list of all the responsibilities, duties, and skills required, nor be the entire list of behaviors or expectations for performance review process. Employees will be required to follow any other job related instructions and to perform any other job related duties requested by their leader.