A great opportunity to head up an exciting new area within the Strategy group for Workplace Solutions at Prudential. The right person for this position will be smart, curious, creative, analytical, agile and proven able to direct and own high-profile research projects and manage a team of research and data analysts to deliver actionable, strategic insights and recommendations to senior leadership. This position would report directly to the VP of Strategy, Research and Insights and work with our corporate partners, cross-functional teams and executive leadership across Workplace Solutions to develop and drive a holistic strategic agenda for research, insights and learning to ensure that we deliver tangible business outcomes.
In this job, you would have the unique opportunity and responsibility for helping to develop a powerful, strategic insights engine for Workplace Solutions, which can enable Prudential to drive customer-centric growth and innovation, unlock opportunity, and accelerate learning across the organization so that we can fulfill our mission of delivering the tools, products and support people and organizations need to secure a future of financial wellness.
What we are looking for is a passionate, innovative insights leader with strong strategic, consulting, research, critical thinking, analytic and presentation skills, who can own the role quickly, doesn't blink at rolling up sleeves to get the job done, and is detail oriented but understands big picture and can readily adjust, as needed, to optimize outcomes. The right candidate will have a true passion for customers and a hunger for results, is comfortable with ambiguity and shifting priorities, can manage multiple and simultaneous projects end to end, and will be able to proactively leverage experience, analytic, strategic, and interpersonal skills to: ask the right questions at the right time, align strategic goals with tactical method, find the signal through the noise and pull findings together in a way that tells the story the business needs to know to enable informed action.
The person in this role will be as comfortable with identifying meaningful insights from a spread sheet as from a focus group, have experience developing teams to drive and inspire high performance and continuous improvement, and demonstrate a curiosity for identifying insights proactively, which lead to actionable opportunities and create pathways for customer centric business growth and transformation. If you are that candidate, bring your excitement, bring your curiosity, and bring your skills so that when the market, our customers or the organization brings us their challenges, we can deliver.
- Manage core and custom strategic research agenda for assigned business unit, including oversight and co-development of strategy for competitive intelligence function, market research, custom research, learning acceleration and knowledge management.
- Lead, develop, and contribute to a team of insights-driven researchers and analysts and inspire a culture of performance, positivity and continuous growth and improvement.
- Partner with VP of Strategy, Research and Insights, larger team and organizational leadership on key strategic and ongoing initiatives
- Direct, execute and drive quantitative and qualitative analytics projects. Manage projects end to end - from requirements gathering and consultative ideation to research design and project management, to execution and delivery.
- Package and present research, insights and pragmatic recommendations to senior stakeholders effectively, adjusting approach as needed to account for diverse use cases, audiences and needs.
- Contribute to creation of best-practice insight engine and knowledge management system to meet variety of business goals, enable efficiencies and propel rapid learning across the organization.
- Create, improve and drive proactive systematic processes for information capture and insights development to stay ahead of the curve in terms of competitive forces, the overall market, and tracking of emerging and relevant trends -economic, consumer, user, industry, market, business, employer, distribution, technology etc.
- Collaborate with stakeholders across the business to continuously optimize strategy for engagement, knowledge management, and learning activation.
- Capture, combine and utilize both explicit and tacit knowledge effectively and efficiently
- Leverage multiple data and information sources creatively and systematically to break down data silos, understand issues or opportunities holistically, generate new insights, and enable the organization to maximize the return on research investments.
- Identify and tell a compelling insights-driven, fact-based story; employ synthetic, critical thinking capabilities and combine with a deep an understanding of narrative framing, and well-practiced presentation and influence skills to enable ready uptake of findings and recommendations.
- Consult with business partners on development of learning agendas and collaborate with teams to develop processes and operations which drive engagement and create smooth, efficient and impactful path from request and consultation to research and insights to activation and business decisions.
- Write proposals, develop best practice design instruments, and oversee design and execution of projects, which involve collaboration with central research organization or outside vendors, to ensure best outcomes.
- Conduct and commission original market research.
- Vet research and consulting vendors and engage as lead with industry organizations and associations to drive research agendas and leverage partnerships to best effect.
- A strong record of academic and professional achievement
- 5+ years of professional experience leading consulting and/or research project and teams.
- Bachelor's Degree required
- MBA or similar advanced degree recommended but not required.
- Experience in business or financial services, with expertise in Group Benefits and/or Retirement for workplace especially desired.
- Demonstrated success leading and developing professional teams and driving positive, meaningful business growth and outcomes.
- Strong consultative skills and extensive experiencepartnering with senior stakeholders to ideate approaches, and brainstorm solutions to drive best outcomes.
- Ability to conduct and oversee data and integrated analytics projects from start to finish -from requirements gathering and scoping to design and execution to quality assurance, presentation and activation.
- Working knowledge of MS Excel, Tableau and/or other data analytics tools required - experience with SPSS, R, or Hadoop etc. a plus.
- Proven influencer who can leverage consulting, leadership, analytic, process development, project management, story-telling and presentation skills to drive change, accelerate learning and enable effective and efficient pathways to action.
- Confident questioner and systematic thinker who can pinpoint major variables efficiently, spot patterns quickly and recognize the relevancy of pursuing gaps in data, logic or research, as indicated, to ensure buried red flags aren't missed and assumptions are tested rather than perpetuated.
- Passionate about quality and able to strike the right balance between effort vs. value, deep dive vs. big picture, information vs. insights - doesn't get lost in the weeds and can deliver to deadline.
- Proven ability to tell compelling, fact-driven, visually engaging and research-based story.
- Able to connect parts to whole, see the signal through the noise, and approach research and analysis strategically and holistically.
- Excellent critical thinking, logic and analytic skills.
- Solid presentation skills.
- Expertise with variety of research techniques, methodologies, and best practices.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Good listener who can capture requirements accurately.
- Ability to manage multiple projects concurrently and end to end.
- Comfortable with ambiguity, able to juggle competing priorities.
- Highly motivated, super curious, innovative and self-directed. Passionate about continuous learning and improvement.
Prudential is a multinational financial services leader with operations in the United States, Asia, Europe, and Latin America. Leveraging its heritage of life insurance and asset management expertise, Prudential is focused on helping individual and institutional customers grow and protect their wealth. The company's well-known Rock symbol is an icon of strength, stability, expertise and innovation that has stood the test of time. Prudential's businesses offer a variety of products and services, including life insurance, annuities, retirement-related services, mutual funds, asset management, and real estate services.
We recognize that our strength and success are directly linked to the quality and skills of our diverse associates. We are proud to be a place where talented people who want to make a difference can grow as professionals, leaders, and as individuals.
Prudential is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Note that this posting is intended for individual applicants. Search firms or agencies should email Staffing at email@example.com for more information about doing business with Prudential.