$80K - $100K(Ladders Estimates)
Arlington, VA 22201
Industry: Business Services•
Less than 5 years
Posted 58 days ago
SRI Education is committed to bringing rigorous research and evaluation data to bear on important decisions concerning K-12 public education. We are seeking to hire a Director, Research and Evaluation, College & Career Pathways with expertise in integrated academic and career-technical education, college and career readiness, and workforce development, to lead research and evaluation projects in our College and Career Pathways practice. This director will use a team-oriented approach to lead and manage our growth-oriented strategic planning in College and Career Pathways, federal and other business development and proposal development, while also supporting staff in this important area of SRI Education's business. The leader will coordinate with college and career pathway leaders of our foundation and other business practice. The leader will be based in ourArlington, VA, office.
The Program Area Director will:
• Provide leadership and management for the College and Career Pathways strategic planning process to increase our federal research and evaluation portfolio, including recommending investments and resources needed to support and sustain area growth
• Provide substantial leadership and support for client development, business development and bid and proposal preparation, with an emphasis on federal clients
• Lead project and proposal teams to secure funds to design and conduct rigorous research and evidence-based technical support that informs important policy and program decisions concerning K-16 education, career and technical education and career pathways, college access, workforce development, and large-scale program evaluations
• Lead project teams to deliver high-quality research products to meet clients' needs, on-time and on-budget
• Work on multiple ongoing projects related to public school improvement efforts, particularly those focused on integrated academic and career & technical education, college and career readiness and workforce development
• Serve as the principal investigator on large, complex research and evaluation projects aimed at strengthening student access to and success in postsecondary education and training and careers.
• Write reports, policy papers, and articles for clients, policymakers, and practitioners, and present study findings to relevant audiences
• Support staff professional growth and skill development through ongoing support and advising on needed professional development opportunities
• Coordinate efforts with SRI's College and Career Pathways leadership team.
Qualified candidates will be collaborative team players and effective communicators within organizations, in addition to the requirements and preferences listed below.
• A strong track record of securing large research and evaluation funds, including contracts
• Demonstrated understanding of the current issues in college and career pathways policy, programs and services and research methods.
• Experience leading contract- and grant-funded research and evaluation projects with U.S. K-12 schools and colleges/universities around current issues in K-16 education including integrated academic and career & technical education and developing student skills and competencies to prepare for college and careers
• Experience in leading large, quantitative and mixed methods research and evaluation projects that include data collection, analysis, and reporting of quantitative and qualitative data
• Excellent analytic skills
• Stellar oral and written communication skills
• Demonstrated ability to lead teams of researchers with diverse skills and interests to achieve project and client goals
• Demonstrated ability to support staff professional growth and development
• Experience delivering research results using diverse media
• Demonstrated ability to work quickly and independently, and to manage multiple simultaneous projects
• Record of publishing results of education research and making effective presentations to professional audiences
• A doctorate in Education, Public Policy, or a Social Science discipline
• A passion to improve education for all students
Note: Candidates invited for onsite interviews will be asked to provide writing samples.
--There are no additional requirements for this position.
SRI is an Equal Opportunity Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.
Candidates who receive a conditional offer of employment will be subject to a background check.
Auto req ID
Valid Through: 2019-9-12