Director, Research & Development (Turbomachinery)
The Director, Research & Development is responsible for leading the design of custom turbomachinery and setting corporate engineering standards. Develops product and process improvement strategies that improve Elliott responsiveness, cost, and performance to enhance the satisfaction of customers and shareholders. Operates as an agent of change motivating others to continually redesign and enhance internal processes.
In all aspects of the job, the Director needs to drive Elliott performance to insure a lasting customer assurance that Elliott is the supplier of choice.
This role includes:
- Supervising the development of product enhancements/extensions.
- Providing technical support to internal and external customers through the development and maintenance of a highly capable team of engineers and drafters.
- Planning and executing projects to meet stated project deliverables, on-time and within budget.
- Supporting internal and external customers worldwide with trouble shooting, Root Cause Failure Analyses and solutions to their technical needs.
- Risk Assessments.
- Assist in protecting the company from unwanted commercial exposure.
- Establishment of high professional and ethical standards within departments through strong leadership.
- Adherence to and support of established safety requirements.
Travel requirements are moderate (5% - 10%), total 4 - 6 weeks/year. Travel is both in the US and international and includes Elliott field offices, Sodegaura plant location, customer and supplier facilities.
- Bachelordegree in Mechanical Engineering, Engineering/Science, or other relevant discipline.
- Master?s degree in Engineering and/or Business Administration is preferred.
- 15years of experience in rotating machinery design, marketing and/or applications.
- 5years of direct supervision of engineering professionals.