We are seeking an experienced Director of Research to drive customer understanding and empathy into the organization’s goals and culture. Working across the entire organization – Product + Tech (B2B and B2C), Strategy + Marketing – your mission will be to guide new and existing research efforts that generate a holistic understanding of live music, theatre and sports client and fan needs, desires, motivations and aspirations. You will have the ability to oversee high-impact initiatives immediately and be expected to lead, train, motivate, and develop employee skills on research sources, systems, tools, and targeting techniques.
- You are an expert in understanding a wide variety of research methodologies and have a proven track record of applying the appropriate methods for maximum results.
- You are inquisitive by nature and can see relationships between disparate research inputs, generating meaningful conclusions that drive design, product and strategic decisions.
- You have a business mind, adept at delivering answers to the questions that matter.
- You can succinctly capture thoughts and insights and communicate them to a broad audience – from individual product team members to C-level executives.
- As an exceptional communicator and storyteller, you have experience in driving customer empathy throughout large organizations
- You can assess existing research programs, prioritize and focus in-house research efforts, and understand when and how to leverage 3rd-party vendors
- You can refactor, supplement or drive new research programs from inception to sustainable operation.
- You have a track record of discovering, synthesizing, and socializing actionable insights that have influenced real product decisions.
- You have exceptional collaboration skills with experience working across organizational boundaries within a large organization.
- You are a leader with proven people management skills
- A strategic, cross-functional thinker able to gather buy-in from senior leadership for analytical and measurement framework approaches to drive research initiatives.
- Develop best practices, build process improvements, and mentor analysts to improve overall analytic and research functions at the company.
- Translate business questions into analytic hypotheses, data needs and reporting requirements
- 10+ years of relevant work experience
- Experience with third-party web & mobile analytics tools and familiarity with SQL skills or similar business intelligence software
- Bonus points: Working experience in data warehouse technologies like Teradata, MySQL, etc;
- Served as a thought partner with executive and cross-functional leadership teams
- Degree in Design, Behavioral Science, Human Factors, Human Computer Interaction, Anthropology, Cognitive Science, Psychology, Design Strategy or related field