As the Director of Reporting and Analytics, you will lead the reporting & analytics team in driving growth insights and foresight across the business via the local understanding of category, channel and shopper/consumer data and insights. This role reports to the VP, Customer Development & Sales Strategy.
- Own database management and drive systems and processes to support single source of truth reporting.
- Lead reporting and dashboarding development of KPIs for senior leaders and sales leadership to drive focus and a culture of performance.
- Drive facilitation and delivery of IRI data with senior leaders while providing context and relevancy to inform and support strategic direction & decisions.
- Develop insights across categories via IRI data (standardize businessreporting). Provide these insights to the sales and marketing teams in a clear and concise format.
- Ensure team is providing insight and perspective identifying key insights using syndicated data that support the creation of business plans and sales execution.
- Support annual planning and on-going contingency planning to ensure that resources are being allocated to meet stated sales, profit, customer and brand objectives. Develops moderate to significant-sized and complex budget as part of overall business unit or functional budget.
- Influence future investment decisions by leveraging knowledge of previous results. Ensure decisions are consistently based on a current understanding of consumers, competitors and the marketplace.
- Ensure optimized contractual relationships with external agencies, such as IRI and others.
- Lead development and implementation of future data analytics capabilities, such as big data and next generation analytics approach.
- Directs, trains and develops a team of analysts.
Education: Bachelor's degree or equivalent required. MBA strongly preferred
Years of Related Experience: 10+ years or more of related experience
- Thorough knowledge and experience in data analytics and reporting, research background.
- High level of experience in generating, interpreting and analyzing syndicated data: (IRI/ Nielsen, retailer and shopper data) and secondary data to build actionable insights and recommendations
- Passion for working in big data: combining data from multiple sources and ability to extract data to support the business decisions
- Solid communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to influence cross functionally with sales, category team, and senior business leaders
- Skilled in building automated reporting, dashboards, and creating clean reporting functionality for the business
- Demonstrated management and supervisory skills
- Highest integrity in keeping with company values