This position is responsible for overall relationship and retention of ICMA-RC’s largest clients. Delivers face-to-face proactive account management by serving as the primary liaison between clients and ICMA-RC. Requires the ability to expand and deepen broad plan sponsor relationships (Retirement Boards, senior management, council members or commissioners, any municipal relationship in an authoritative or decision making role, consultants and other stakeholders), and maintain strong client satisfaction and reference ability.
Position will assist plan sponsor in managing plan risks and their fiduciary responsibilities by discovering client goals and objectives, proposing new business solutions, and implementing services and products to fulfill the clients’ needs and objectives.
Essential functions for this role include:
• Deliver proactive account management and direct the overall retention strategy of ICMA-RC's high balance clients.
• Direct the corporate service delivery for assigned cases. Work collaboratively with both the local service team and home office staff to ensure clients’ needs are met.
• Build and broaden client relationships across all key influencers.
• Determine client goals and objectives and develop and manage a strategic business plan towards those objectives.
• Conduct progress updates, including but not limited to delivery of Annual Service Plan.
• Assist clients with adding products and services to fulfill their needs and meet their plan and fiduciary responsibilities.
• Regularly support and implement corporate initiatives.
• Ensure long-term client satisfaction and reference ability.
• Identify new business and service/product expansion opportunities for ICMA-RC.
Requirements If you have the following credentials, we encourage you to apply:
• BA/BS Degree or equivalent work-related experience
• 7-10 years of senior-level relationship management experience in a financial services organization specializing in deferred compensation and/or defined contribution plan clients strongly preferred. Sales background is very helpful. For this position, prior management experience is a plus
• Demonstrated ability to develop effective relationships at all levels, examples include top mgmt., elected officials and union officials
• Demonstrated effective negotiation skills
• Highly effective communication and presentation skills
• Proven ability to learn technical information quickly and the ability to convey that information to others clearly and concisely
• The ability to motivate and influence individuals over whom there is no authority, both at the assigned clients and within ICMA-RC
• Significant knowledge of investment products, with an emphasis on deferred compensation, and defined contribution plans
• Experience managing a sales force, preferred
• Position requires extensive travel.