The Director is responsible for building, managing, and leading a high performing team of Regional Reimbursement Managers who continually improve the Acthar business. This individual will need to develop and implement Reimbursement initiatives with external customers and the Sales Force in order to maximize patient access and commercial reimbursement for product demand. Reporting to the Senior Director of Reimbursement, he/she works closely with Sales Leadership, Market Access and Call Center/Hub management, Sales Training, Marketing and other staff to support implementation of payer coverage/reimbursement, specialty pharmacy distribution, and reimbursement service objectives. This field based position requires an individual that collaborates well with other cross-functional partners. Position will require frequent travel across the U.S.
• Develops and directs implementation of reimbursement initiatives to meet prescriber and patient needs, and help attain overall commercial excellence.
o Monitors execution of reimbursement initiatives such as white glove outreach and key account visits to help facilitate the pull-through process.
o Identifies pull-through best practices and works with Sales, RRM Team, and other cross-functional partners to create ways to improve upon the throughput of referrals and ensure that patients have access to Acthar in a timely manner.
o Partners with Sales Management to continually improve upon the referral experience for internal and external customers.
o Continually works to evolve the role of the RRM to ensure it is providing the highest level of value to the Organization
• Hire, train, and manage Regional Reimbursement Managers in order to provide the highest level of support for Field Sales.
• Partners closely with Sales Directors to continually refine ARD’s approach to pull-through and to maximize the percentage of paid/shipped referrals while reducing withdrawals.
• Partner with Market Access colleagues to strategize about the best approach to increase or maintain payer coverage by coaching Specialists around ideal referral submissions.
• Supports RDSS department’s role as a central resource to commercial operations (sales, marketing, training & analytics) and corporate staff for reimbursement and distribution issues and for their ongoing development of this knowledge base in those areas.
• Assists with the day-to-day management of the A.S.A.P. hub to maximize performance by suggestion appropriate process improvements and identify/address issues that delay or prevent patient access to therapy
• Identify challenges and opportunities with payers and work with the Market Access team to develop strategies to address them.
• Participates in special projects and performs other duties, as required
• At least 10 years’ experience in bio-pharma across multiple roles, ideally within commercial areas such as reimbursement/market access, sales, marketing, and/or operational roles
• High level of demonstrated expertise and deep understanding of reimbursement case management and “pull through” process
• Management experience with strong team building, coaching, people development, and leadership skills
• Solid problem solving, conflict management, and analytical skills
• Ability to analyze complex situations to identify root cause and quickly create solutions with clear direction
• Effectively work cross-functionally with a highly collaborative approach
• Very strong verbal and written communication skills
• Acthar reimbursement manager experience preferred
• Bachelor’s degree. MBA or advanced degree desired but not required.
Territory - Covers South Eastern US; Florida to Texas