- Provides proactive and ongoing management of regulatory requests and examinations, including coordinating, obtaining and reviewing responses, monitoring for potential issues and communicating across regulatory, risk management, and business teams.
- Develops and maintains relationships with key business line and risk management partners and regulatory agency personnel. Foster knowledge sharing, identify regulatory themes, and ensure the consistency of messaging in briefings/presentations.
- Builds and manages a high performing team of professionals through recruitment, training, coaching, performance management and related managerial activities
- Implements industry best practices for regulatory examination management by providing centralized task management and expertise.
- Drives effective communication) of insights on USAA-specific regulatory engagement issues, in addition to broader regulatory industry-wide issues/themes.
- Reviews stakeholder responses to questions and information requests received from regulators, ensuring timely delivery and escalating when needed.
- Ensures quality assurance is performed on stakeholder responses ensuring completeness and accuracy before submitting responses to regulators.
- Acts as a trusted adviser to the Businesses and control functions on regulatory and supervisory developments; and to the regulators on USAA specific developments.
- Works in direct contact with senior personnel and regulatory agencies.
- Oversees regulatory relations activities in accordance with enterprise standards.
- Bachelor's degree OR 4 additional years of related experience beyond the minimum required may be substituted in lieu of a degree.
- A minimum of 8 or more years relevant work experience (such as managing regulatory examinations, leading regulatory engagements, providing guidance on regulatory findings) to include serving as a regulator or interfacing with regulators.
- 3 years of direct team leadership or management experience required.
- Demonstrated experience working in a highly regulated environment.
- Advanced knowledge of laws and regulations applicable to large financial institutions (e.g. OCC Heightened Standards, FFIEC Handbooks and Guidance)
- Expert knowledge of relevant industry regulations and risk management with the ability to consult and provide insight and guidance.
- Demonstrated ability to interface with the most senior leaders to provide effective guidance and regulatory expertise.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and communicate complex concepts verbally and in writing
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office tools to include Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
*Qualifications may warrant placement in a different job level*
When you apply for this position, you will be required to answer some initial questions. This will take approximately 5 minutes. Once you begin the questions you will not be able to finish them at a later time and you will not able to change your responses.
- Previous experience as a federal regulator or in regulatory relations
- Community Reinvestment Act (CRA) experience
- Previous experience in call center operations
- Operational experience with marketing compliance
- Digital banking operations experience
- Project Management experience