Responsible for the overall leadership, management and direction of a team of Key Account Managers (KAM) in the Biosimilar (Oncology) Business Unit. Regional Sales Director is a front-line field sales leadership role accountable for building, leading and coaching a field-based sales team of Key Account Managers in a defined geographical Region.
This position will be responsible for leading and directing all tactical field sales efforts and for ensuring the successful attainment of all regional sales goals and objectives, as well as managing an operating budget. Additional responsibilities include but are not limited to advancing the professional development of the KAMs.Responsibilities
- Defines and establishes regional and territory strategic sales direction.
- Maintains current understanding of local market, practice structures, business models and key influencers. Consistently share such information with relevant stakeholders such as sales leadership, marketing and market access.
- Develops and implements regional and local tactical business plans, including understanding business trends and preparing forecasts and reports for the Region.
- Provides leadership and motivation for the KAM team.
- Sets goals and priorities for all KAMs within the region.
- Regularly use a variety of analytical tools to understand and evaluate the business to best determine how to coach and lead the KAM team to execute to exceed sales objectives and apply the appropriate resources in an effective, compliant and ethical manner.
- Works with KAMs to develop, manage, advance, and close opportunities with their accounts.
- Provide consistent, engaging and tailored coaching of KAMs focused on sales effectives, executional excellence and impact with long term development.
- Monitors sales activities (CRM) and sales results using available sales analytical tools.
- Reviews and approves annual objectives, performance goals, and personal development plans.
- Interviews, hires and trains KAMs.
- Analyzes competitor’s programs and develops aggressive response strategies.
- Prepares reports for region, account managers and sales leadership as needed.
- Supports all computer-based sales reporting.
- Assists KAMs with Contract Negotiations, and Contract implementation in complex models.
- Understanding and deep knowledge of Buy & Bill, with a solid understanding of GPOs, as well as Hospitals, IDNs, Community Oncology Practices/Clinics.
- Conducts regular field visits and business reviews with their KAM team.
- Ensures that a high level of clinical/business acumen and customer service is delivered to all accounts/customers.
- Develops, leads and facilitates regional sales meetings to ensure alignment with organizational strategies, brand strategies and executional excellence.
- Acts and models with integrity, compliance, internal policies, Code of Ethics and Business Conduct.
- Bachelor’s degree required; Masters preferred.
- Minimum of 10 years of pharmaceutical/biotech industry experience (sales, marketing, training, analytics, operations), with at least 5 years of proven, consistent and documented track record of pharmaceutical field management experience required.
- Minimum of 3 years oncology and biosimilar experience preferred.
- Buy & Bill experience, and a deep understanding of contracting process.
- Strong customer and collaborative communication skills as contact level is high with both internal colleagues (e.g. sales, marketing, market access), and outside customers.
- Experience and expertise in leading teams that call on Hospitals, IDNs and Community Oncology Clinics/Practices/organizations/affiliations, Academic Centers.
- Strong organizational and analytical skills are required with an ability to analyze and draw appropriate conclusions using sales data/call reporting software/applications.
- Oncology injectable launch experienced preferred.
- Requires travel - Air/Auto.
- Ability to operate with minimal supervision.