The Regional Sales Director will be directly responsible for a particular customer team and the overall sales execution in the related markets. Candidate should have experience calling on Albertsons/Safeway Seattle, Portland & Inter-mountain division and knowledge of UNFI and KeHe. Previous or current experience working with brokers is preferred.
- Manage the overall sales process. Oversee the hiring and development of the sales organization.
- May directly supervise or monitor team members on selling and consultative techniques.
- Deliver principals' volume share and sales fundamentals (merchandising, assortment, pricing, and shelving) at the lowest possible cost.
- Develop relationships with principals and customers.
- Effectively use knowledge of customer, market and principals to successfully sell principals specific programs and initiatives as well as company objectives and initiatives. Involve marketing, technology and sales support as needed to accomplish objectives.
- Work closely with the Acosta management teams to develop, establish, and direct channel and distribution strategies and programs.
- Maintain key client relationships and develop and implement strategies for expanding the team's client base.
- Manages staffing requirements, and administer performance reviews and Success Factor goals for all direct reports.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must have a college degree and at least 15+ years in a sales or marketing position. Successively increased responsibility with a sales and marketing agency or major national consumer packaged goods company. Prior experience must demonstrate sales skills along with the ability to successfully manage and direct others. Incumbent must demonstrate skills required to build team spirit and successfully motivate all Associates. Experience dealing with dedicated customer / client in all facets of their enterprise a plus.
- Must be able to effectively communicate with others. Must be able to operate a calculator, computer, printer, fax machine, telephone and copier.
- Must have a valid driver's license and be able to drive a car.
- Must be willing to travel.
- Must be proficient in a variety of software packages used to support the sales function.
- Must possess strong interpersonal, organizational, presentation, negotiation, and sales skills.
- Must have the ability to analyze sales and marketing information needed to make effective sales presentations.
- Must possess a solid understanding of the fundamental principals of financial management and possess the ability to effectively monitor and control expenses.
- Must be able to effectively communicate the sales philosophy and direction of the company to all Associates.