At Cepheid, we are passionate about improving health care through faster, more accurate diagnostic tests. As a member of our team, you’ll get to make an immediate, measurable impact on a global scale, within an environment that fosters career growth and development. Our mission drives us, every moment of every day, as we develop rapid groundbreaking solutions to solve the world’s most complex health challenges.
Our associates are involved in every stage of molecular diagnostics – from ideation and innovation through development and delivery of life-changing advancements in healthcare-associated infections, sexual health, critical infectious disease, virology and oncology applications. For more details, visit us at www.cepheid.com or follow us on
As part of the Danaher family of companies, our work at Cepheid is supported by a global science and technology innovator. In addition to Danaher’s unrivaled leadership training and professional development programs, this relationship also provides expanded career opportunities across industries and brands. Together, we are united by a shared purpose: Helping Realize Life’s Potential.
The Director Regional Price Enablement Americas (US, Canada, LATAM) supports the Americas regional markets, in order to drive customer success and capture the full potential of our products and solutions. He/she supports the initial price positioning of a product/solution at launch and throughout its lifecycle to maximize pricing over the life of the product. The Director Regional Pricing Enablement Americas is responsible for driving Go To Market pricing decisions by providing support to the Sales & Field Marketing team (through monitoring of price trends and price and customer life time value analytics) to enable market growth and high value capture.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Support pricing guardrail definition; monitor guardrails; Design escalation matrix
- Support deal desk structure & processes; Run deal desk; Train sales reps & others on pricing architecture and tools; Develop internal & external messaging & comms for pricing
- Run Regional Pricing Review Boards to support key pricing decisions at regional levels, including exceptions management (Regional GMs, Sales, Finance, Business Operations)
- Liaison with Customer Care for total solution pricing; Liaison with Legal and Finance for Deal Desk / deal support. Determine GPO Pricing (USA) and Channels/Distribution Pricing.
- Conduct competitive product value proposition & analysis to help Sales & Field Marketing set target prices and pricing corridors that maximize value capture throughout lifecycle of Cepheid’s Test solutions and products.
- Evangelize tools for field sales to communicate economic benefits to customers (i.e., value calculators)
- Identify sources of revenue growth opportunities across product lines and customer segments by driving price realization metrics and discount management; conduct root cause analyses to identify major sources of revenue leakage, including field/customer interviews. Create recommendations and action plan for Cepheid and the field sales to address ways to improve revenue growth and margin leakage.
- Collaborate with Sales, Field Marketing, and Sales Operations (e.g., analytic and business-case development support) on new pricing initiatives outside current operating practices to capture untapped customer segments/channels.
- Continuously drive best-in-class pricing practices adoption based on customer segmentation insight, internal/external community of pricing peers and experts, and from within the Cepheid organization to create a more efficient end to end pricing management system which includes Pricing, contracting and rebate strategy for managing price within the Americas regional market at the customer and product level.
- Evaluate marketplace and competitive data to successfully align pricing strategies
- Monitor key price performance metrics and provide input to improve performance on an ongoing basis
- Evaluate day-to-day pricing activities to suggest improvements in pricing strategy, process or execution.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Excellent story telling skills to lead with customer success story based on data from multiple complex analyses and visual dashboards on Power BI or Tableaux
- Ability to work with sales teams to position product/solutions to capture the economic value it creates for customers. Ability to interpret standard financial analyses (e.g. NPV, ROI, and break-even, gross margin) to inform discussions with regional sales, regional marketing organizations.
- Ability to conduct root cause analyses, extrapolate insights and create actionable recommendations under short time frames, based on quantitative and qualitative fact finding (i.e., sample analysis, interviews)
- Good verbal and written communication skills to be able to convey the impact of monitoring and measured effectiveness of pricing initiatives to major stakeholders.
- Ability to apply the Lean techniques like Problem Solving Process, Root Cause Analysis and Counter Measure to develop Go To Market pricing strategy for customer channels. Prior experience leading change management initiatives is highly desirable.
- Working knowledge of standard tools, especially Excel, PowerPoint. Working knowledge of SalesForce.com, Tableaux, Power BI, CPQ and CLM software solutions, and analytics techniques for the development of pricing guidelines.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Expertise in B2B healthcare pricing or business analytics; expertise in developing sales analysis or providing tools to sales teams to drive customer success in a multi-channel environment. Prior experience leading change management initiatives in sales / commercial organizations is highly desirable.
- Bachelor’s degree with 12+ years of related work experience OR Master’s degree in field with 8+ years of related work experience OR Doctoral degree in field with 5+ years of related work experience.