$200K — $250K *
This position will be filled within the Minneapolis or Denver market.
This position will focus on: marketing operations, insights, analysis, measurement.
Save lives. Fulfill yours.
At the American Cancer Society, we're leading the fight for a world without cancer. Our employees and 1.5 million volunteers are raising the bar every single day. The people who work at the American Cancer Society focus their diverse talents on our singular mission: to save lives, celebrate lives, and lead the fight for a world without cancer. We achieve our mission by drawing on our core values of integrity, compassion, courage, determination, and diversity.
It is a calling. And the people who answer it are fulfilled.
This position is location agnostic within North Region.
Leads a dynamic portfolio of work and serves as a strategic advisor to ensure successful execution of priority integrated marketing efforts. Develops, executes and manages promotional strategies and tactics to support mission and revenue priority activities, driving community relevance, storytelling and local lead generation. Provides strategic counsel to regional and departments, including conceptualizing strategies, partnering on teams to develop action plans, participating in integrated planning, removing barriers and enabling execution to bring those strategies to fruition. Advances the Society’s mission, goals and objectives by raising market awareness and understanding of how the Society makes an impact in the fight against cancer.
• Conceptualizes, leads and executes region specific mission and revenue campaigns that drive community relevance with an emphasis on innovative social media and digital promotion strategies consistent with other area business and communications plans. Provides analysis/ROI of efforts as needed/appropriate.
• Analyzes marketing strategies, market penetration, share of voice, etc. to determine ROI and inform future planning with a focus on local lead generation. Reports findings and recommendations to market and Region leadership.
• Leads and manages an integrated digital and social presence within a region, including social strategy, content creation, storytelling and digital promotions to drive and enhance regional results.
• Ensures alignment of strategies with the Society’s global headquarters goals and objectives across local social and digital promotions.
• Serves as a cross-functional marketing advisor focused on lead generation for high impact/priority activities and opportunities within the region.
• Leads marketing communications efforts for an assigned product line, marketing area of expertise or major media market within the region. Works collaboratively on nationwide, cross-region strategy teams for assigned product lines and major markets.
• Maintains a keen sense of Society information and news to support market activities.
• Models and fosters behavior that establishes a culture that values the staff/volunteer partnership, and is consistent with the values, goals, and objectives of the Society to create an atmosphere of trust, cooperation, accountability, empowerment, and dedication to the mission.
• Accountable for integration across Development, Cancer Control and ACS CAN teams.
• Ensures that marketing strategies reflect the diversity of the communities served by the region and creates and reinforces an environment of inclusion.
• Trains/supports local promotions volunteers as appropriate on marketing strategies.
• Assists with agency relationships engaged in support of local or regional marketing activities, as appropriate.
• Serves as a community marketing and lead generation specialists in the peer to peer vertical.
• Creates strategy and execution of corporate marketing and lead generation support for the corporate and sports vertical.
• Stewardship marketing for the philanthropy and mission verticals.
• Provide dedicated leaderboard (network marketing) support through lifecycle management and partnership planning.
• Responsible for digital content creation, social media and media partnerships.
• High level media relationship stewardship and major market integration (local and regional media partnerships and targeted media relations).
• Upholds the six core principles of the communication profession as defined by the International Association of Business Communicators: Ethics, Consistency, Context, Analysis, Strategy and Engagement.
• Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, New Media, Mass Communication or a related field.
• At least 7 years of experience in a marketing-related field, with specific focus in social and digital marketing strategy development and execution.
Demonstrates Marketing Competencies: Manages ambiguity, Collaborates, Customer focus, Cultivates innovation, Plans and aligns, Drives results, Builds effective teams, Drives vision and purpose
• Experience in Adobe Creative Suite, Google Analytics, SEO, and paid social are a plus.
• Experience with the digital landscape, particularly social media and its multichannel platforms with an emphasis on CRM (Salesforce) including marketing cloud, pardot.
• Demonstrated effectiveness through interpersonal, presentation, written and oral communications.
• Proven ability to assimilate complex organizational, political, and health issues into high quality, multimedia communications strategies, stories and tactics.
• Must have a proven track record in managing successful, multifaceted strategic promotion/communications campaigns.
• Track record in launching effective social initiatives, cause marketing partnerships, and media partnerships.
• Strong consultative sales skills
• Demonstrated success strategic planning and budgeting to meet revenue and expense targets.
• Strong aptitude for staying abreast of external trends and new developments in digital marketing.
• Must have demonstrated project management skills and be a highly motivated self-starter able to work in an extremely fast-paced team environment, manage multiple projects simultaneously, and meet deadlines.
• Work is normally performed in a typical interior/office work environment.
• Limited physical activity required.
• Some travel may be required on as-needed basis.
We are committed to providing staff with fulfilling opportunities to learn, grow and make an impact in their local communities. We offer staff a generous paid time off policy; medical, dental and retirement benefits, and professional development programs to enhance staff skills.
Valid through: 3/3/2021
$80K — $100K
34 days ago