$150K - $200K(Ladders Estimates)
The Division of Development & Alumni Relations supports and promotes the mission, purpose, and priorities of the University of Miami through fundraising and engagement by building and nurturing strategic philanthropic relationships to improve and transform the lives of individuals and communities. We are committed to values central to the Division—Service, Gratitude, Trust, and Partnership—which guide our strategic thinking, decision-making, and day-to-day interaction with each other and our stakeholders.
The Regional Engagement Team is responsible for all national and international engagement of constituents including alumni, parents, donors, and friends of the University. This team manages nearly 40 'Canes Communities, regional councils, and develops appropriate University national tours. This team also serves as front-line regional engagement officers (each managing a small portfolio), proactively meeting constituents in top tier markets to get them involved, and soliciting them for gifts under $50,000.
The regional team serves as volunteer engagement experts and will strategically pair up constituencies with opportunities for engagement, working to actively move volunteers through a pipeline of involvement and trajectory of giving.
The Director of Regional Engagement will also be responsible for the strategic direction, marketing, planning, implementation, and management of varied regional events and programs. This individual will also solicit and secure sponsorships and gifts as it relates to these events.
• Collaborate with the Senior Director of Regional Engagement to develop the strategic vision, management, and marketing of regional programs and events that encompasses both engagement and giving components, and that fosters a high level of participation and that meets the established metrics/goals developed for the program.
• Create regional programming/events that will appeal to a diverse audience, including alumni, parents, donors, and friends of the University, and that will include participation by the President, Vice President, Deans, University staff, administration and faculty as appropriate.
• Manage the scheduling, budgeting, planning, relationship management, marketing, and execution of programs/events. This includes but is not limited to branded programs such as the GameWatch Program, Welcome to the Neighborhood, Global Networking Night, 'Canes Day of Service, etc., as well as national tours.
• Maximize constituent engagement for all programs and events by using various recruitment and communication vehicles including but not limited to social media, digital media, direct mail, list serves, websites, telephone campaigns, volunteer outreach efforts, and personal contacts.
• Develop an effective plan to implement best practices within the programs (i.e. recruitment of 'Canes Community volunteers, alumni engagement, data clean up, update of constituent records, peer benchmarking, etc.) and utilize these best practices to create a culture of continuous improvement.
• Develop and manage a portfolio of constituent prospects to engage and solicit on an annual basis.
• Identify and recruit volunteers to provide support for university programs, such as Young Alumni Leadership Council, UM Alumni Association Board, student recruitment representatives, alumni career services, reunion committees, Annual Giving, and campaign initiatives.
• Develop an international engagement strategy for the top alumni markets outside of the U.S.
• Identify and develop new program opportunities and establish appropriate goals for designated programs.
• Administer and manage the fiscal reporting with full responsibility and accountability for assigned program budgets.
• Benchmark and track important constituent outreach objectives, including engagement within designated programs.
• Assist the Senior Director of Regional Engagement with any matters or responsibilities deemed appropriate.
• Recruit, manage, and supervise alumni volunteers and volunteer groups within identified programs.
Bachelor's degree with a major emphasis in Business/Marketing and/or Communications preferred. A minimum of five (5) years of effective and relevant work experience in event and program planning with some fundraising experience. Experience working with volunteer based support groups or constituents and special event coordination is essential.
Excellent social and customer service skills, and initiative mixed with sound judgment; good verbal and written communication skills are required, as well as the ability to interact with all University constituents. Ability to manage events and projects from start to finish, managing time and tasks effectively.
Ability to manage a heavy workload and at times conflicting priorities as well as tracking progress on a wide range of initiatives. Need to be a strategic thinker with excellent organizational and interpersonal skills, and a philosophy of teamwork and hands on implementation. Ability to persuade and negotiate with internal and external audiences required.
Must exhibit a willingness to provide outstanding customer service, and an outgoing receptive personality. Should be comfortable working independently; follow directions of, accept constructive criticism from, and seek advice from their supervisor. Must have an excellent command of all Microsoft Office Applications, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Access. A flexible schedule due to the high time demands of the position is expected.
Valid Through: 2019-10-1