Director Regional Business Development - Sales
About MPI Research:
MPI Research, with global headquarters in Mattawan, Michigan, provides discovery, safety evaluation, bioanalytical, and analytical services to the biopharmaceutical, medical device, animal health, and chemical industries. Scientific knowledge and experience, integrity, trust, teamwork, and dedication to strong and enduring Sponsor relationships are the defining attributes that characterize MPI Research as a high-performance, high-quality organization that is committed to bringing safer and more effective products to the world. Learn more about how we can exceed your expectations at www.mpiresearch.com.
A Director Regional Business Development is responsible for: establishing, nurturing, and
driving Sponsor relationships at appropriate levels; selling the services of MPI Research to
prospects/Sponsors in an assigned geographic territory; handling Sponsor-related
communications within the company; providing excellent customer service to Sponsors; and
achieving annual sales plan targets for assigned accounts/region.
(Duties &Responsibilities– purpose of the function and result to be accomplished) include but are not limited to those listed:
· Sells contract research services of MPI Research to pharmaceutical, biotechnology, medical device, animal health, and agricultural/chemical companies in assigned geography.
· Establishes and supports a client base; leads client presentations; maintains frequent contact with Sponsors; sets and manages customer expectations; secures companywide resources to provide customer satisfaction.
· Increases customer relationships/loyalty/retention using a strategy of proactive communications that requires participating in and contributing to our company’s Product Line, Marketing, departmental, and other meetings.
· Follows up on leads; uses Salesforce.com (SFDC) to manage internal communications and document territory and client information; evaluates quotations for territory and provides inputs; develops account plans and partnerships with key accounts; and develops client call cycle.
· Handles Opportunity Management and pipeline forecasting; assists with determining margins and pricing; contributes to proposal scope development as needed.
· Coordinates Sponsor-related activities of Study Directors, pricing personnel, contracts team, scheduling personnel, and other key company employees, as appropriate; provides customer service to Sponsors within assigned region(s).
· Provides general intelligence on key competitors.
· Represents MPI Research and gathers sales leads at regional, national, and international trade shows and research organization meetings.
· Manages travel and expense budget for assigned sales geography; completes monthly expense reports and business development summary reports.
· Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Marketing, or a related field is preferred. Seven to nine years of salesexperience is a plus.
· Experience in pre-clinical toxicology, pharmaceutical, medical device, or other sciencerelated arenas is strongly desired.
· Demonstrated leadership with ability to lead and develop people to get results through others while showing support for company values.
· Ability to organize and manage multiple priorities, including local travel (approximately 35% of the time), is required.
· Sales skills deployment with emphasis on strong customer orientation.
· Problem analysis and problem resolution at both strategic and functional levels.
· Excellent interpersonal, communication, and presentation skills in both oral and written form.
· Basic familiarity with Microsoft Office Suite.
· Computer skills, commensurate with Essential Functions, including the ability to learn a validated system.
· Ability to work extended hours beyond normal work schedule to include, but not limited to evenings, weekends, extended shifts, and/or extra shifts; sometimes on short notice.
· Ability to work under specific time constraints.
Benefits at a Glance:
· MPI Research provides the following competitive benefits:
· Two choices of medical coverage, including prescription drug and vision coverage
· Two choices of dental coverage
· Medical and dependent pre-tax flexible spending accounts
· Paid time off bank and holidays
· Retirement savings plan – 401K plan with company matching on employee contributions
· Short/Long term disability plans, voluntary life insurance, and company paid life insurance
· Tuition reimbursement program
· Employee assistance program
· Employees at MPI Research also are given the opportunity to participate in company-sponsored events, wellness programs, self-directed work teams and open communications programs such as the All Employee Survey.