Financial management; both direct and influential leadership of advisors, leaders, and staff across the market group(s) and area offices; human resource leadership. Accountable for budgeting, staff effectiveness, and sales force headcount levels; contributes to successful achievement of the MG's Gross Dealer Concession (GDC) targets.
• Create and execute market group (MG) business plans and to drive profit/loss (P/L) contribution margin. Provide leadership through the development and implementation strategies to achieve MG goals/metrics. Develop and manage the annual budget for the MG, monitoring and delivering regular reports on business results.
• Provide direct and indirect leadership of staff roles in the market group(s) and area offices. Recruit and select non-sales leaders and staff. Participate in the recruitment and selection of sales leaders and (corporate) field-based positions. Develop, coordinate & access resources for training and developing all staff. Create and maintain a positive, collaborative work environment through regular 1:1 meetings, establishment of development plans and providing timely feedback/performance management.
• Implement and execute market group and corporate strategies through direct reporting relationships or through the influence of others such as sales leaders and corporate partners. Monitor strategy implementation, measure progress, and provide status reporting. Provide point of contact resource (in the MG) to ensure alignment of resources or resolution of issues for MG staff and corporate based-field positions.
• Maintain and ensure operational standards within the MG. Promote and enforce appropriate brand standards across the MG. Ensure compliance to company standards including legal responsibilities within functional areas of accountability. Participate in and cooperate with audit processes as arise and support offices in achieving audit-identified deficiencies.
• Provide guidance on human resource (HR) issues and provide leadership to staff and leaders. Act as MG HR liasion to corporate HR, raising issues/concerns/suggestions. Lead mid-year and year-end performance evaluation process for MG and all area office staff. Support mid-year and year-end performance evaluation process for sales leaders. Provide on-site leadership/consultation on the performance management process for sales leaders and advisors.
• Bachelors degree or equivalent.
• 5 - 7 Relevant Experience Required.
• Ability to manage operations across a multiple state territory, requiring 25-50% travel.
• Strong understanding of broker-dealer business operations; possesses technical expertise in one or more of the following areas: advisor recruitment, risk mitigation, financial planning, client acquisition, marketing, practice management activities, or business operations.
• Project management and organizational skills. Demonstrated success in leading and influencing others without direct positional power.
• Excellent communication, interpersonal and presentation skills - including networking, negotiating, conflict resolution.
About Our Company
With the right company, life can be brilliant. At Ameriprise, we're not just in the business of helping clients with their financial goals — we also help our advisors and employees reach their true potential. Be part of an inclusive, collaborative culture that rewards you for your contributions and work with other talented individuals who share your passion for doing great work. You'll also have plenty of opportunities to make your mark at the office and a difference in your community. So if you're talented, driven and want to work for a strong ethical company that cares, take the next step to create a brilliant career at Ameriprise Financial.