The Region Integrated Retail, Operations & Compliance Director is responsible for providing clear support for the company's broader goals through effective leadership of market & store management teams. Accountable for execution of core processes; associate training around core functions and integrated retail opportunities; owning and delivering Integrated Retail results; performance monitoring of expense controls, optimizing expense reduction initiatives; driving SYW and IR initiatives to deliver enhanced member experience; leads change and drives continuous improvement; return policy compliance; return to vendor activities; adherence to all safety & legal requirements
- Drives retail excellence through consistent execution of all core processes and effectively enforces store standards and procedures. Utilizes available reporting to identify opportunities for improvement in store operations, shrink control and developing the business operating model. Implements action plans to close gaps.
- Supports basic training of Market Leaders and Store General Managers on Store Operating Policies and Procedures, forms cooperative relationships with other regional business partners to improve core processes
- Achieves operational excellence and delivers an exceptional Member experience within region, focused on understanding Members' specific needs, utilizing all integrated retail tools available. Is a Brand Ambassador within the community to continually understand and meet our Members needs and gain market share.
- Serves as the subject matter expert for operational compliance and Integrated Retail within the region. Diligently communicates with market and store leadership to ensure they understand the benefits and functionality of IR capabilities and operational initiatives
- Reviews Integrated Retail reporting regularly to identify performance and training opportunities that will improve results
- Assists in the launch of new Integrated Retail initiatives to ensure that associates and managers understand the intent and expected execution within the stores.
- Collects multiple streams of information to establish Integrated Retail and operational compliance priorities; makes appropriate recommendations to region leadership
- Reinforces a selling culture throughout all Stores focused on understanding, meeting and exceeding member needs. Holds Store leadership accountable for driving a selling experience that leverages the use of Integrated Retail tools.
- Serves as a champion of social/digital technologies to build internal and external networks with partners; remains on the cutting edge of the application of new technology to better enable the simplification of work processes; educates store management teams on the value of new technology.
- Ensures that Stores optimize Shop Your Way, credit, leasing, layaway and Integrated Retail opportunities, along with other miscellaneous income opportunities (such as Protection Agreements and Merchandise Replacement Agreements).
- Ensures all stores maintain legal compliance requirements and are proactive in addressing issues that might arise; accountable for regulatory visit compliance
- Has the ability to manage aggressive timelines, understand complex organizational dynamics, drives change management adherence, and works effectively with others
- Participates in monthly financial reviews with Market Leaders and Store General Managers and helps facilitate action plans for markets and stores who are not achieving plan; ensures execution.
- Accountable for optimizing expense controls by properly executing core processes and identifying fiscal opportunities for their region.
- Performs supervisory functions, including but not limited to, making employment decisions regarding hiring, promoting, demoting and terminating, conducting performance appraisals and coaching and developing associates
- Bachelors Degree
- 5-10 years of related experience
- Valid Driver License for the State of employment
- Up to 75% travel
- 18 years of age or older (except some locations which may allow for 16 and 17 year olds)
Learn and train content quickly for effective delivery to others
Partners with multiple organizational layers
Must have an affinity for using current technology tools and be technologically savvy
Ability to form strong partnerships and communicate well with associates and members
Ability to adapt to rapidly changing environment while managing and prioritizing
Proficient with technology