Leads the build out of the global Records and Information Management, (RIM) program including implementation of enhancements to Records and Information Management practices. Provides strategic direction and leadership globally to support compliance with governing regulations, internal policies and procedures.
- Act as the enterprise specialist and sets ongoing strategy for the RIM Program globally.
- Design and implement an enhanced global enterprise-wide RIM Program, including the records management taxonomy, enterprise RIM Policy, standards, globally applicable records retention schedule, and executing on a finalized RIM roadmap to uplift the Program.
- Design and operationalize a records management policy compliance scorecard across the enterprise.
- Create a data map that identifies and inventories all the systems of record and the information owners and develop a strategy for retention related to those systems. This includes deployment of a record management system to manage records in place, and/or enterprise content management solution.
- Develop a comprehensive disposition/disposal process which addresses the varying aspects of data/system/applications and in-place records deletion/disposition/disposal; incorporating legal holds; and other encumbrances which impact the deletion of data.
- Establish comprehensive company-wide standards in accordance with standard operating procedures and training in order to facilitate a sustainable and scalable RIM Program.
- Develop and manage a cross functional steering committee that includes legal, information security, privacy, IT and other relevant stakeholders.
- Identify, train, and lead control function groups and business RIM managers on record-keeping and retention procedures and requirements.
- Oversee RIM Risk Assessment process and assess effectiveness of risk management and controls. Develop or improve enterprise key risk indicators and create and produce periodic executive reporting.
- Oversee and monitor process, making improvements where required and ensuring that the policy and standards are being followed by the Enterprise.
- Create an environment in which his/her team pursues effective and efficient operations of his/her respective areas, while ensuring the adequacy, adherence to and effectiveness of day-to-day business controls to meet obligations with respect to operational risk, regulatory compliance risk, AML/ATF risk and conduct risk, including but not limited to responsibilities under the Operational Risk Management Framework, Regulatory. Compliance Risk Management Framework, AML/ATF Global Handbook and the Guidelines for Business Conduct.
- Build a high-performance environment and implements a people strategy that attracts, retains, develops and motivates their team by fostering an inclusive work environment; communicating vison/values/business strategy and managing succession and development planning for the team.
Education / Experience
- Extensive experience building and rolling out an enterprise wide records management program in Financial Services.
- Proven success developing, deploying and maintaining innovative. processes/methodologies/technologies for records and information management.
- Solid understanding of financial institutions, infrastructures and markets is an asset
- A high level of comfort with information technology as it relates to record and information management.
- Demonstrates exceptional judgment and integrity with the ability to think strategically and give practical advice, considering the legal and business objectives.
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to manage multiple projects.
- Ability to manage through influence at all levels, especially at senior levels.
- Strong team player who can work well cross-functionally and gain the respect of all levels of stakeholders.
- Experience in SaaS, cloud computing, enterprise software, data privacy matters, Canadian and US Federal Government records retention requirements and a deep expertise in electronic records management, preferred.
- Undergraduate degree; MBA or CA preferred.
- Knowledge of Scotiabank organizational structure and business model.