JOB SUMMARY: Directs and develops the strategic approach for the Records Information Compliance Program (RICP) at Universal Creative ensuring that key project documents are easily accessible by the project teams and key external customers through all phases of the development process. Establishes policies, procedures, assessments and remedial actions necessary for all development projects at Universal Creative to comply with record retention and records management requirements. Oversees resources at both the project and core levels responsible for executing the Records Information Compliance Program.
- Determines resource levels required to effectively implement the Records Information Compliance Program across the global portfolio of Universal Creative projects. Directs the team that designs, plans, and implements operational components of the Records Information Compliance Program to address the management of organizational documents, their retention and destruction of physical and electronic records and data.
- Develops and implements the supporting strategic communications plan for the Records Information Compliance Program to engage, educate, and influence leaders about document and records management issues, policies, procedures, and controls. This includes the development, implementation, and delivery of senior staff communications concerning the effectiveness of the Records Information Compliance Program.
- Designs, develops and maintains division records management metrics to measure the effectiveness of the program, including appropriate benchmarks to legal, regulatory, and industry standards.
- Independently sets strategy to prioritize and remediate records management risks by designing and influencing the adoption of appropriate controls across the division.
- Develops and implements training programs during various phases of the development process to ensure compliance with the Records Information Compliance Program.
- Collaborates with key stakeholders and leaders from various divisions within NBCUniversal and Universal Parks & Resorts to influence the adoption and on-going engagement with the Records Information Compliance Program. Key stakeholder groups include IT, Legal, Tech Services and Document Control.
- Advises senior executives regarding record management strategies and compliance
- Leads external communications to clients and vendors about Universal’s records management practices.
- Leads special projects and performs other duties as assigned.
- Understands and actively participates in Environmental, Health & Safety responsibilities by following established UO policy, procedures, training and team member involvement activities.
SCOPE: Non-routine; Significant decision-making and ability to adapt strategy to complex, expanding development environment with multiple internal and external stakeholders; detailed understanding of technical issues required. Influences decisions of complex nature requiring high degree of tact. Planning horizon: Execute short term strategy while maintain focus on a longer term Records Information Compliance Program vision. Planning knowledge: In-depth department operating plan; awareness of overall Company goals. Responsibility: Establish and execute Records Information Compliance Program.
EDUCATION:Bachelor’s degreerequired. Master’s degree in preferred.
EXPERIENCE: 7+ years of relevant document control experiencerequired. Experience in fast-paced, document intensive industries preferred (architectural firm, construction, engineering, design studio); or equivalent combination of education and experience.
CERTIFICATIONS, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
- Preferred but notrequired:
- Information governance professional (IGP) – American Records Management Association
- Certified records manager – Institute of Records Managers