Purpose of Position
The Director, Real Estate & Facilities is responsible for facility planning, budgeting and development, complementing business units strategic plans while providing efficient, functional, safe and secure work environments at an effective cost. The Director, Real Estate & Facilities is responsible for coordinating, planning and managing all NetJets' facilities and related construction disciplines during the course of new developments, facility improvements, upgrades and maintenance.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Responsible for all new real estate development and lease opportunities globally. Manages various construction projects, inclusive of budget creation, schedule tracking and executive presentation. Provides technical and administrative direction to maintain budget and schedule. Coordinates staffing/costing and strategy issues and directs the activities of in house staff and outside contractors.
- Plans, develops, and recommends company policies and procedures utilized in the acquisition and disposal of real estate, leasehold properties, and operating facilities on and off airports for designated operational, organizational, or geographic segments of the company. Develops data pertaining to property, facility, and use requirements of the company in the cities it serves. Determines the company's future requirements for operating rights, property building space, and supporting facilities. Negotiates and establishes commitment limits of contracted obligations for property, operating rights, and use fees including landing/takeoff and space fees, with private business, industry, and foreign, federal, state, and local governmental authorities. Develops financial analyses and evaluations used to appraise property acquisition, disposal, lease, and use agreement alternatives representing heavy long-term obligations of the company. Consults and coordinates property purchase, lease, and use proposals with company top management relating to taxes, insurance, and contingent liabilities. Represents the company in property and facilities matters with the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA), Airline Transport Association (ATA), International Air Transport Association (IATA), and other airline industry groups.
- Manages NetJets, Inc real estate portfolio, inclusive of sublease properties. Includes creation of budget, forecast, payment, and tracking of all lease obligations ranging from the mundane to complex. Supervises the leasing and management of all owned real properties. Locates and negotiates sites for purchase or lease of facilities. Ensures proper documentation of lease or purchase transactions. Supervises the administrative management of corporate-owned or-leased properties. Establishes procedures used in site acquisition and property management. Establishes rental rates and leasing policies. May include accountability for furnishings and/or equipment.
- Responsible for the all US based property management. Including the setup of policies, procedures, etc. for corporate office buildings. Includes all facets and categories of facilities maintenance and facility workplace services. Manages a geographically disbursed supply chain. Manages and directs employees and suppliers to accomplish complex tasks. Requires management of issues that occur during non-business hours/days. Responsible for city, state, and federal code compliance.
- Responsible for the critical infrastructure of all US based locations inclusive of electrical, fire, UPS, audio visual/cabling and building infrastructure items. Management of these issues can have long lasting impact on the business and must be appropriately managed to not only stay within compliance but not cause any material business disruption.
- Manages employee performance, behavior and provides career direction and development.
Bachelor's in Engineering or Design
Certifications and Licenses
Years of Experience
8-10 years of experience
Strives For Positive Results
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Other (KSAOs)
- Real estate leasing and/or development experience within an airport setting
- Highly motivated team leader with strong organizational skills
- Experience managing a real estate portfolio
- Experience in managing facilities supply chain
- Experience dealing with local, state and federal law compliance
- Experience owning and managing the budget for a real estate and facilities function
- Strong analytical and creative skills
- Ability to read blueprints and understand building specifications
- Demonstrates excellent interpersonal and customer service skills
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to work successfully both independently and in a team environment
- Ability to prioritize and work effectively on multiple simultaneous tasks and projects
- Intermediate to expert PC skills including an excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and working command of Microsoft Project, Auto CAD and CAFM
- Understanding of construction practices, techniques and building support systems, as well as American with Disabilities Act (ADA) guidelines
- Ability to be on call 24/7/365
- Ability to travel as needed